2006 CRD Lift Kit Snow Plow Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2006CanuckCRD

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Been on the list for a while but not posted much, try to read lots.

I have a 2006 CRD, about 130,000 Km on it now.
Rear shocks now seemed to be bad now,,, very stiff in the -10000 degree temps we have had lately. So I have shocks on order, nothing special just KYB's.
I have been reading about the lift kits and it's basically left me confused and thinking it worth not doing anything on these CRD's.

Ultimately I would like some more ground clearance, from tire change and lift kit.
I am not cheap, I drive a lot and prefer not to be left stranded on the side of a rarely used highway, so I have no problem buying the right stuff. Secondly, I would like to be able to plow my road, as I have to do it by ATV at this point and the fun is going out of the pretty quick lately. I would want a quality plow that is heavy enough for the task, not some "driveway" quality unit that will last a year or two

If I do springs, is there anyway I can get stronger ones then OME's 500 lbs versions, or do I need to if I get a plow?
Will there be front CV issues with my CRD and springs as I read into in another thread ?
Is there some air bags or something that can bolster the rear springs when pulling a trailer?

Lots of questions I know, and I will thank you all in advance for any and all help.
Mark

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you want to plow snow get a 3/4 ton pickup,you will ruin the unibody on your CRD plowing snow,not worth it since the CRD's have enough problems to begin with.

As far as the lift just get the CRD Frankinlift which comes with the OME 790 coils(500lbs) and be done with it,you'll be happy with the ride and extra 2" of lift,found here--http://www.boulderbars.com/frankenlift_crd.htm

2006CanuckCRD

Reaction score
I had a F-250 HD, i cost me more in fuel and other repairs than I have spent on the CRD to begin with. Sorry, no pick me up truck in my future :)
I do understand how hard snow plowing is, its not something I have to do with this vehicle, but it would be nice to be able to do the road with out having to walk 2 miles in deep snow every weekend. Price of living in Ontario it seems ?
Thanks for the link I will look into it now.