2005 Renegade V6

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Damotee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
This is my Jeep. 3.7L V6 Renegade 2005. 155,000 kms.

Modifications:
ARB Front Air Lockers
ARB Bull bar
ARB Spotlights
UHF CB Radio
Grande Mk3 12000lb Winch (Did have a Warn 9.5XP on it but it died from rust and corrosion)
OME Springs
Bilstein suspension
BFG Rugged Terrain tyres 245/70/R16
Rock sliders
ENGEL Camp fridge

Modifications still to do:
Snorkel
Roof basket for storage.

Last edited:

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a beauty!!

(welcome) to JeepKJ - I love my ARB bull bar. Been thinking about a locker. Do you have an ARB locker in the rear too?

Great to have you here!

Bob

Damotee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a beauty!!

(welcome) to JeepKJ - I love my ARB bull bar. Been thinking about a locker. Do you have an ARB locker in the rear too?

Great to have you here!

Bob

Thanks mate. I only have front lockers. They work fantastically well. Recently, I was 4WD'ing with some friends in the mud. We crossed a water crossing with a very steep and muddy bank on the other side. Of the 4 vehicles, my Jeep was the only car to make it up first go (lockers engaged). The Jeep jokes stopped after that! :D

Attached is what it looked like after

Attachments

• IMGP3756.jpg
    IMGP3756.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well done - you should have made your mates take you out for a cuppa after their Jeep jokes!!

I see your front license plate is bent back a bit - you hit that water with force, eh? ;)

Which transfer case do you have - the Full Time SelecTrac or the Part Time CommandTrac?

Bob

Damotee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well done - you should have made your mates take you out for a cuppa after their Jeep jokes!!

I see your front license plate is bent back a bit - you hit that water with force, eh? ;)

Which transfer case do you have - the Full Time SelecTrac or the Part Time CommandTrac?

Bob

I have the Part Time CommandTrac. To be honest, I still don't really know when to use Full Time and when to use Part Time. On the last trip out, I just kept it in Full Time just to be safe.

Edit; I had to make up a little bracket for the number plate after installing the winch, so the wind has actually bent it backwards. I wouldn't hit water at that speed! :D

CalcityRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Part Time CommandTrac. To be honest, I still don't really know when to use Full Time and when to use Part Time. On the last trip out, I just kept it in Full Time just to be safe.

Edit; I had to make up a little bracket for the number plate after installing the winch, so the wind has actually bent it backwards. I wouldn't hit water at that speed! :D

Full Time can be used at any time where Part Time is only to be used when on loose terrain. Use on terrain such as dry pavement can cause drive train binding and severe damage. I had Selec-Trac so did not have the option of full time but if I did I would only use it in the snow or when it is needed on road. My brother had a ZJ and kept it in full time all the time. Not something I understand as all he did was kill his fuel economy. Not like he got great to begin with as his had the 5.2 V8.

Damotee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Full Time can be used at any time where Part Time is only to be used when on loose terrain. Use on terrain such as dry pavement can cause drive train binding and severe damage.

That's where I get a bit confused/cautious. How to decide what is too loose and what is not?? Is a normal dirt road loose enough for Part Time? Im sure sand would be. That's why I keep it in fulltime for the most part (except when on the bitumen/asphalt where its 2WD). Im so worried about damaging the drive train by using Part Time incorrectly.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is one of my favourite pictures of my Jeep.

That's a great picture - beautiful scenery :waytogo:

I hadn't looked at this thread in a while - for clarity the SelecTrac transfer case has the Full Time option and the CommandTrac only has Part Time. My rule in using Part Time is to only use it in loose dirt or gravel, otherwise go to Full Time. Even hard pack dirt can cause binding.

What part of Oz are you in?

Bob

Damotee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks mate. Im in whats called Far North Queensland, about 4 hours drive north of Cairns. Its a nice spot; lots of 4WD opportunities and easy access to the Great Barrier Reef.