2005 Liberty in need of Cross Bars

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cjw3cma

Reaction score
We just got our "new to us" 2005 Liberty Limited Sport and are on a hunt for a pair of cross bars to fit her.

Don't wish to go the retail way / would rather find a set of used ones. Read on here that the cross bars for a 2004 to 2006 Nissan Quest fit perfectly / are there other models that will also fit the 2005 Liberty without too much alteration? Any assistance would be appreciated.

Regards.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
You can also make a pair on the cheap, many have made them over the years
I made a set back in 2005 out of all thread and black gas pipe, sat nice and low to the roof

Last edited:

cjw3cma

Reaction score
You can also make a pair on the cheap, many have made them over the years
I made a set back in 2005 out of all thread and black gas pipe, sat nice and low to the roof

Have seen that / it is my wife's JEEP and she has a kayak she wants to carry - AND she wants a factory look instead of what ever I may be able to create!

What about the Nissan Quest cross bars from 2004-2006 since they are a near perfect fit?

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Don't know about the nissan.
Here is the part number for the aluminum OEM locking cross bars with keys. Same part for an 05.
Might find something in a search for them.
You must be registered for see images attach

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I ordered my 2002 Export 2.5 CRD Manual from Chrysler Jeep in 2002 I ordered the two Mopar Aluminium cross bars with keys. These have a profile much like airplane wings...when I picked my new Jeep up from the local Agents they had fitted them facing the wrong way around.:confused:

These cross bars saw a lot of use in 2005 when I transported goods 400 kms up to where I now live to build my dream house to retire in...now sold!:(

The keyed locks on the side are a bit of a farce as you can simply lift up the rubber top surface and undo the Allen Bolts holding it all in place!;)

cjw3cma

Reaction score
Late last night located a set of CarLock cross bars for the Liberty at a great price, so I added a pr. of kayak mounts so my wife can take hers along now. The things we do for our better halfs.

Ohio-white-kj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Late last night located a set of CarLock cross bars for the Liberty at a great price, so I added a pr. of kayak mounts so my wife can take hers along now. The things we do for our better halfs.

Do you have a link to the bars?

Last edited:

sleazy rider

Retired moto tech and gearhead
Reaction score
Don't know about the nissan.
Here is the part number for the aluminum OEM locking cross bars with keys. Same part for an 05.
Might find something in a search for them.

Number in picture is superceded. I just looked. New number is TRAB4553

https://www.moparpartsoverstock.com...rrier-installation--lo/10255754/TRAB4553.html

I ended up going with the Amazon version. Basket is already in the garage from the Transit Connect.

Ohio-white-kj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to say thanks, bought the ones you mentioned, fit fine.

FWIW - they look a little big but I do not care. Might be less noticeable in black.

Now anyone know of load stops that would fit? Those things that are similar to bookends, you butt your load against them to help with stopping sliding.