2004 Export Liberty (Cherokee) - EVIC overhead Console help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

asmara

Reaction score
I have a 2004 Export Liberty (Cherokee) with an EVIC overhead Console. My manual is in Turkish so I purchased an English language manual off of eBay. One thing I noticed is that my EVIC overhead console doesn't have all of the customer settable options in the English language manual. The EVIC itself is in English.

For example I would like the horn to chirp when I lock the doors. I would like the doors to automatically lock when I put the vehicle in drive. These are all settable on the US version via the EVIC.

Does anyone know of a way to switch my EVIC to 'US Mode' or something similar?

Some of the differences in this car and US cars are interesting. My remote does not have a panic button but when I open the remote, I can see the pad for the panic button. I'm planning on testing this out someday to see what happens but I can't figure out what they could have possibly saved by including everything but the membrane switch for the panic button.

jmnetus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you perhaps have the OTIS instead of the EVIC? OTIS has a segmented display instead of a pixellated one and doesn't have the extra options.

The good news is there is generally an alternate way to set those options - I'm not sure on the specifics there though.

asmara

Reaction score
Do you perhaps have the OTIS instead of the EVIC? OTIS has a segmented display instead of a pixellated one and doesn't have the extra options.

The good news is there is generally an alternate way to set those options - I'm not sure on the specifics there though.

Definitely an EVIC module. It doesn't have the homelink buttons but that must not be that uncommon because eBay has lots of them without the buttons. I also reviewed the information on the KJ Forum EVIC explanation page hoping to find something.

nzoliver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi
The quickest way would be to take it to the dealers and go through the list with them while it is hooked up the the computer. :friday:

That's what we do here!!

Oliver