2002 pre-lowered KJ 2.5 inch lift, what tire size

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

papasmurf42482

Reaction score
Hey guys i have an 02 pre-lowered KJ and want to lift it 2.5 inches. what kit is the better style? I wont be taking it offroad hardly at all and want to get away as cheap as possible. also i was thinking 265-70 or 245-75 or maybe even 255-70. It think 265's would be too wide on the stock aluminum rims though? ](*,)

psinsyd

Reaction score
I've been totally happy with the Rusty's coil lift with Rancho RSX17004 shocks in the back. Did the clevis lift on the front at the same time.

For tires, the 245/75/16 size works out really well. The bigger you go, the more trimming you may have to do. The 245/75s rub only while in reverse with the wheel at full lock.

Hope this helps!

papasmurf42482

Reaction score
sounds good! i'm going to start ordering everthing next week. what do you think about rusty's outside the strut spacer design? Obviosly the full kit would be much better but my jeep will see very little off road use. :-k

psinsyd

Reaction score
papasmurf42482 said:
sounds good! i'm going to start ordering everthing next week. what do you think about rusty's outside the strut spacer design? Obviosly the full kit would be much better but my jeep will see very little off road use. :-k

I'm no expert by any means, but if I remember correctly, that style can cause numerous issues with the factory struts (IIRC, that kit doesn't include new front struts), and I thought I remember upper a-arm contact may be an issue. Again, no expert here. Definitely do a bit of research on here and on LOST to see what you can find on that style of lift.

Keep us posted on what you end up going with, and remember, pics are a must!

psinsyd

Reaction score
Here's a link to a thread a few threads down. Looks like the Rusty's spacer kit might not do to well. Just take a look at what KJ04 says about it. Keep in mind that this is different than the coil lift (just re-stating the obvious!).

I'll keep poking around to see what else I can find on the OTT type lifts.

psinsyd

Reaction score
papasmurf42482 said:
looks like rocky road outfitters combo kit is the way to go and its only slightly more exspensive. thanks for the help and will post pics when its done in a few weeks!!

You're right. Seems like everyone with the combo kit likes it.

Looking forward to the pics!