2002 Liberty replacement radiator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

biz999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've developed a leak in the radiator in my 2002 Liberty Limited. This will be the third radiator since I bought it in 2009. Does anyone have recommendations for which radiators perform best in it? Are there any all metal ones out there?

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a small leak too i patched it up with epoxy and flushed out my old fluid and replaced it witb zerex g05. It has held up so far. My leak was a very fine hair line crack nothing major.

M38 Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did the radiator you installed last not have a lifetime warranty?

Bob

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your askin me bob no this is the one i got with my jeep its probably the one from 2002 knowing my jeep all original.

biz999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I changed the radiator last in 2011 and I simply don't remember if there was a warranty or not. I'll have to dig through my documentation. I've also moved to the US from Canada which would make any warranty difficult. Do the Mopar ones come with a warranty?

M38 Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My question was for biz, sorry.

Like TJ, I'd be afraid to get out of hometown with JB weld patch.

My aftermarket radiator experience over the past 40 years is radically different from most everyone here. NEVER a problem.

Bob

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do plan on replacing it but the money isnt there so for now it is working. And thus far no leaks anywhere i cleaned my entire engine bay to be sure if something leaks i will see it. I have been keeping a very close eye on my temp gauge as well to be sure she doesnt over heat at all.

karljp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would also get the Mopar. Cheap ones are prone to cracking easily.

Hockeygoon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My aftermarket radiator experience over the past 40 years is radically different from most everyone here. NEVER a problem.

Bob

Agreed. You just can't buy the cheapest one listed. Modine replacement radiators were usually better than the factory originals - but I haven't bought one for several years. I found a good radiator shop that can actually make repairs.