2002 KJ Bull Bar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tminihan

Reaction score
There's an OEM "Jeep KJ" bull bar for sale which I'd like to purchase for my 02 KJ as we have a lot of kangaroos out here. Were the OEM units a direct bolt on? Thanks, Tom

Attachments

• KJ Bull Bar.JPG
    KJ Bull Bar.JPG
    2.8 KB · Views: 15

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is bolt on but won't help you with a kangaroo. They tend to fold back and do more damage.

Sent from my iPhone using Peanut Butter

tminihan

Reaction score
4x4 is correct, ARB wanted 2000Aud (full bumper and bar). Probably better protection but out of my budget. The insurance should cover what the bar doesn't. Thanks for prompt replies. Tom

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm sorry I don't have an answer myself, but can anyone answer his question about the installation process?

(Being a nag - that's about all I'm good for these days...) :icon_rolleyes:

;)

4x4kayak2112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, all of the "bull bars" that I have seen bolt in to the place where the tow hooks mount.

Fwiw: I build a bumper with a grill guard. I had my sister back up into it at 15mph and it didn't do anything. Then the next day I hit a 175lb wild boar with it going 65mph. Threw off my aliment a bit but the bumper and the jeep is fine. I have less than a hundred in my bumper. I weld but you should be able to get a fabricator to make you one for around $500 (us) or so.

Sent with the power of children's screams!!