2002 drum brake size

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quick question. When ordering drum brakes for the 2002, I found 2 sizes for both the pads and drums. Does the size correlate to the engine size ex: 4cyl vs v6?

Wondering if anyone knows before I remove the wheels

Thanks in advance

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
last set I bought for my now gone 02 were RAYBESTOS 9716R.

I thought the only option was 10"x1 3/4" IIRC.

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Just a heads up - rockauto isn’t always correct. Especially with the jeep. Twice now it lists wrong parts or parts that doesn’t specify what model. Example of this is with the radiator when I looked for a mopar brand. Dealer confirmed the part was wrong. The correct part number was on rockauto but needed to be searched outside of the menu of the 02-jeep-liberty-3.7v6 listing.
It’s got me double checking now because returns are not paid for with RA. You’re stuck with shipping costs. Same with warranty parts too.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
True, I've noticed this too with the factory parts. I always double check too. Fortunately I have not ordered a non fitting part but I can guarantee the Raybestos drums will fit since they were on my 02 for several years until I donated it.

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
they changed the listing after a couple emails. They all show 1 3/4 or 1.75 now....

The brake shoes still show 1.75 or 1.82

Last edited: