2" wheel spacers for cherokee on liberty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kylewilley

Reaction score
I have been debating either getting wheel spacers or new wheels with different backspacing to widen out my "stance". At this point I'm leaning towards wheel spacers. I know, I know , it can wear out the bearings faster and its not as strong, blah blah yeah I know haha. I am pretty sure the bolt pattern for a cherokee is exactly the same as the liberty and I could only find 2" for a cherokee at this point...so it should work! Before any lecturing, I am on the road alot and the only offroad I do at this point is just playing in muddy fields, climbing up piles of dirt, or going through ditches... nothing extreme at all so I think the wheel spacers will hold up and once again I know it is not as reliable as just getting new wheels. I just want to know some opnions on this and make sure I am right about the bolt pattern. Thanks guys :D

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what is the difference between wheel spacers or rims that move the wheel center further out?
The load will be the same on the bearing ,spacers or rims with very little back spacing

That being said
to much back spacing is bad for rubbing to little and you get even more problems
The OE wheels are at 5.5" ,put a 1.25" spacer and that is 4.25" which to me is almost to much
Then again I have a "freak of nature" for a KJ
I have no front bump stop extensions and have no issues with the front suspension after 30K+ ,I have no rear bump stop extension and only a slight rub at very full stuff
I run OME med coils with Rancho struts and OME rear shocks NOTHING else
some how I have 245/75 MTR's on OE wheels and only rubbed at very hard turn when backing ,I say rubbed cause now it is gone some thing just wore away
I have had the KJ at angles that caused you to need to hold your self up on the door and it never flipped if it wanted to then spacers would have done nothing for me

kylewilley

Reaction score
cooooool. too bad I have to wait for a little over a month before I have enough saved :eek: but i can't wait:D

LibertyFever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've bought a set of Grand Cherokee 16" rims and should have them by the end of this week. I don't plan to use spacers, they should fit just fine. I'll post pics when I get them on.

If you are set & determined to go with spacers then go right ahead but I think the widest spacer you can buy are 1 1/2", roughly $60 each.

kylewilley

Reaction score
I found some 2" for a cherokee. The cherokee does have the same bolt pattern as a liberty right??

Latest posts

Members online