2" Daystar with 245/75/16?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ObiHann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been "planning" a lift since i got the KJ, and I now have a fixed deadline on when It HAS to be lifted. I need it lifted by Aug 09 for the local jeep jamboree. A local shop that does all jeep work is a BDS dealer, and has a very good relationship with them for there warrenty. Unlike some companies where if it breaks you have to send them the part for them to inspect, if ti breaks, then send them a new one right away. Apparently, no matter what if BDS stuff breaks, its covered. Either way, its 2" front and 1.5" rear, I'm told this somehow levels out to 2" solid when you put new shocks on the rear. So my question is, with this lift, can I fit (with some trimming of the pinch weld and fenders) fit a set of bfgoodrich mudd terrain km2's in 245/75/16, and is my math correct in saying a 30.5" tire and a 2" lift will give my 02 kj a total of 2.75" if clearance? (my current tire 235/70/16 is 29" I believe).

ObiHann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the typo, I didn't realize I set the title as daystar :S I'm talking about the 2" bds lift.

Griemster1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well i did the 2" and 1.5" Daystar lift and i have 245/75R16 and i rub pretty bad. In reverse it's almost instant when i turn the wheel. When going forward at like idle speed it rubs bads but once im over 5-10 miles an hour i don't notice anything. So needless to say i'm going to be pounding my pinch weld soon.

SDLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been "planning" a lift since i got the KJ, and I now have a fixed deadline on when It HAS to be lifted. I need it lifted by Aug 09 for the local jeep jamboree. A local shop that does all jeep work is a BDS dealer, and has a very good relationship with them for there warrenty. Unlike some companies where if it breaks you have to send them the part for them to inspect, if ti breaks, then send them a new one right away. Apparently, no matter what if BDS stuff breaks, its covered. Either way, its 2" front and 1.5" rear, I'm told this somehow levels out to 2" solid when you put new shocks on the rear. So my question is, with this lift, can I fit (with some trimming of the pinch weld and fenders) fit a set of bfgoodrich mudd terrain km2's in 245/75/16, and is my math correct in saying a 30.5" tire and a 2" lift will give my 02 kj a total of 2.75" if clearance? (my current tire 235/70/16 is 29" I believe).

Why not go with the 2.5 daystar all the way around??? :confused: It''s the same price and you get another 1/2 an inch. Do a 3/8 or so clevis lift up front and there you go. LEVEL once again. Sounds like a no brainer to me.

ObiHann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, for starters the daystar is just a spacer kit, which can cause more wear, and more risk (from what I have been told). Secondly, BDS has a rock solid warrenty and great customer support, and the shop down my road is a dealer, and also has a very good relationship with BDS, so if something went wrong, I know I would be covered. With daystar... Not so sure.

ObiHann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What I've seen a few times is the 2" daystar and then about a .5" clevis, from what I am told, it is as high (duh) as the daystar, but a much better ride since your doing a full suspension lift not just spacers.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
BDS weak springs, stock using Daystar weak springs, do it right and be done!!!!!!!

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Daystar has springs? :p

Sorry Tom...:D

Obihann, seems like you are having a hard time deciding on what to get. Get a Frankenlift and be done with it. I know you are way up north etc but remember...you pay for quality. I went the cheap way and hate it...

OK OK using STOCK springs with several miles and a few years on them with a Daystar is bad! Hows that? :rolleyes:;)

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
I no have lift yet. I was going to go the Daystar then after asking all the same questions as everybody else who don't know jack, decided I will just wait until I can install OME springs and dampers and more than likely new upper a arms.
In Dutch we saying about an expensive purchase is a wise investment!
Doesn't really translate into English, but I'm sure you get the point!
(I'm sure Tony knows what I'm saying!) "Duurkoop is goede koop"

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I no have lift yet. I was going to go the Daystar then after asking all the same questions as everybody else who don't know jack, decided I will just wait until I can install OME springs and dampers and more than likely new upper a arms.
In Dutch we saying about an expensive purchase is a wise investment!
Doesn't really translate into English, but I'm sure you get the point!
(I'm sure Tony knows what I'm saying!) "Duurkoop is goede koop"

In my wifes native language (Swahili) its Bure aghali translated it's
"cheap is expensive" ;)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.