2 additional rear upper isos OK?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sparky123321

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I might have to climb under the Libby this weekend(see my other post). If I'm under there I've been trying to decide if I want to go a little higher and looking for your thoughts on installing 2 additional upper rear isolators? I have the JBA 1/4" top plate, 3/8" clevis spacers and 4 factory upper rear isolators ready to go, but I could just do the clevis and 1 upper if that is a better option.

Do you feel 2 additional rear isolators per side is a safe, stabile and strong enough option for additional lift? If in doubt at all I'll just do the clevis and 1 additional upper rear isolator per side.

H&R Springs. 20.5" front and 21.0" rear at this point.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I might have to climb under the Libby this weekend(see my other post). If I'm under there I've been trying to decide if I want to go a little higher and looking for your thoughts on installing 2 additional upper rear isolators? I have the JBA 1/4" top plate, 3/8" clevis spacers and 4 factory upper rear isolators ready to go, but I could just do the clevis and 1 upper if that is a better option.

Do you feel 2 additional rear isolators per side is a safe, stabile and strong enough option for additional lift? If in doubt at all I'll just do the clevis and 1 additional upper rear isolator per side.

H&R Springs. 20.5" front and 21.0" rear at this point.

So you already have the 1/4 inch top plate and 3/8 inch clevis right? Thats all you can do in the front
For the rear you have two per side uppers in there now? If so you can add 1 more upper per side for a total of "3" per side but then that will make the rear an inch higher than the front .

sparky123321

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I install what I have I'm figuring an additional 1.25" front and 1.0" rear. That would put me at 21.75" front and 22.0" rear, if I'm doing the math correctly.

JeepinJarhead03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
only downside to using 3 iso's on each side in the rear is eventually they will non-uniformly squish , some plywood or whatever cut similar to a toilet gasket with a couple gobs of rtv as glue on the vehicle side and then the normal iso between it and the spring will also work