2.8 crd egr cooler replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Viking Bill

Reaction score
Hi all, I have a 2003 2.8 crd jeep cherokee. I have noticed that end of egr cooler (rim) is missing & there's no pipe so I have an open hole blowing exhaust gases up all over radiator fill bottle & surrounding area..I don't know if it became blocked & exploded off ?.. Can I just block the hole that should have a pipe on it below radiator fill bottle or will this cause problems ? Jeep drives around fine at moment but I'm breathing in exhaust gases which isn't great..any help greatly appreciated. Viking Bill.

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
E-Bay is probably the only place to find EGR removal kits that would include a stainless steel cap and v-clamp to cover the hole in the back of the exhaust manifold. Awkward to reach.

Another solution is to remove the manifold and use a pipe tap on the hole for a threaded plug.

Viking Bill

Reaction score
E-Bay is probably the only place to find EGR removal kits that would include a stainless steel cap and v-clamp to cover the hole in the back of the exhaust manifold. Awkward to reach.

Another solution is to remove the manifold and use a pipe tap on the hole for a threaded plug.
Cheers buddy, thing is driving me nuts breathing in fumes