1st gear pop out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vaughan1966

Reaction score
anyone have this problem :

I have an 05 sporty, 6 speed. After stopping and shifting into 1st it "pops" out of gear. It doesn't do it very often ( 1 or 2 times a month ). Is it me or a common liberty issue??

idea.gif

gijoe31484

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how many miles do you have on it? mine did it a couple times until i had the ****** fluid changed...

vaughan1966

Reaction score
34000 BUT I think its just me I'm not fully putting it in gear.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nascar has that problem sometimes. They usually pick up a bungee strap on a pit stop.

When is your next pit stop? :D

Haha, couldnt resist. Have you changed the fluid yet? Usually oil in a manual doesnt need to be changed as often as an auto but it couldnt hurt.

sevenhelmet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a problem with mine sticking in gear occasionally with Pennzoil in the gearbox. I changed to Royal Purple- shifts smooth as butter now. Try a ****** fluid change- it's easy and it lets you see how much metal is coming off your synchros and gears.

Acoop822

Reaction score
I have a 05 sport 6 speed as well, And my liberty also pops out of 1st gear sometimes as well (about once a month). I thought I wasn't putting in gear all the way. I am going to wait and see if it gets worse. I don't have any problems out of my 05 Wrangler.

vaughan1966

Reaction score
I had a problem with mine sticking in gear occasionally with Pennzoil in the gearbox. I changed to Royal Purple- shifts smooth as butter now. Try a ****** fluid change- it's easy and it lets you see how much metal is coming off your synchros and gears.

I'll do this first before I take it to the stealership THNXS

Latest posts

Members online