18" rims.. what size mud tires will fit with stock height

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

daedaestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
can anyone tell me what size mud tires will fit a stock 02 rene with 18" rims? without any real mods to get them to fit?

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Do you mean the stock Rene 16" rims? No KJ had stock 18's, just some KK's. :)

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
18" mud tires start in 33-34" diameters. Sorry bud, you're outta luck.

if you have 16s, go 225/75-16 for stock size.

daedaestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i do also have the 16s but i have to have some chrome lol EVERY other one of my 6 vehicles have chrome other than the rene so now i got these 18 chomes for a great deal so they goin on! and i plan on lifting it with a daystar lift in the future but that wont be for a few more months but id like to find some decent meaty tires for the 18s so it doesnt look girly once its lifted

daedaestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol not yet once its lifted im gunna put the 18s on if i find some decent mudders that will fit with minamal mods other than the lift

JeepINgeek

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
honestly youll most likely run into width and major rubbing issues with those wheels. and the OME lift only gives you like 3" lift and that barely gets you a 32 inch tire i think.. ( correct me please tbj)

eyehatetofu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you want to go off-road, I don't think 18's are the wheels for the task. If you are gonna run two sets of rims / tires and the 18's are for street duty, cool.

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
First off, the bolt patterns are different. While a couple people have done it successfully, it is a POOR IDEA to install LX-platform wheels on a KJ or any other vehicle that has a 5x114.3 bolt pattern. If you want chrome wheels, Cragar sells them in the proper bolt pattern in a 16 or 17".
i do also have the 16s but i have to have some chrome lol EVERY other one of my 6 vehicles have chrome other than the rene so now i got these 18 chomes for a great deal so they goin on! and i plan on lifting it with a daystar lift in the future but that wont be for a few more months but id like to find some decent meaty tires for the 18s so it doesnt look girly once its lifted

If you're putting chrome 18s on a KJ you have no choice but for it to look girly. It could have tractor tires and it'll still look girly.

Sorry.
honestly youll most likely run into width and major rubbing issues with those wheels. and the OME lift only gives you like 3" lift and that barely gets you a 32 inch tire i think.. ( correct me please tbj)

For the most part you're right. ITBJRC the LX platform wheels stick out further than the stock KJ wheels, and if you want an aggressive tire in an 18" size you won't find it until you get up into 33s or bigger, so your choices are limited to say the least.

daedaestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL GUYS!!! i love chrome wheels as i said before on EVERYONE of my other 5 vehicles, they either have chrome 18s or 22s or 17s so i have no choice but to put chrome on the libby too... besides i got the rims for $80 and they r selling for over $500 on ebay so i couldnt pass them up.. and thunderbirdjunkie the chrysler bolt pattern is 5x115 not 114 which is no real problem ... eyehatetofu has a good point i can run agressive tires on my stock 16s cant i? and jus keep the 18s for hwy use that makes good sence.. but i still like the idea of spacer/adapters and the 2" or 3" daystar lift..... either way

Last edited: