16x8 rubicon on back

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KJ2005

Reaction score
has anyone installed a jeep liberty spare (on the back) with the 16x8 jeep wrangler rubicon rim? I'm ordering 245/70/16 tires and want to know if the wheel and rim will fit in the back because not only will it be wider but I've heard they have a different backspacing.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
has anyone installed a jeep liberty spare (on the back) with the 16x8 jeep wrangler rubicon rim? I'm ordering 245/70/16 tires and want to know if the wheel and rim will fit in the back because not only will it be wider but I've heard they have a different backspacing.
Many poeple that have put on the MOAB rims have had no problems putting them on the back of the KJ.By the way the rims on this KJ are the MOAB rims.

You must be registered for see images

These are the OEM limited rims

Gris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had Moabs on for a while now. With the 245/75/16 MT/Rs, the hatch still opens. Any bigger and I think you might have to space it out with a few washers.

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score

You will be fine. I run 16x8 Cragar rims with the same backspacing as the MOABs. I run with a 265/70/16 tire which is wider and taller than the 245/70. I do not have a problem fitting it or opening the glass.

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Did you ever get your tires in? Which ones did you order?

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
KJ2005,
Need update to the topic... if possible.