15" Jeep YJ,TJ steel rims on 2003 Liberty...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TopShapeCabby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would 15" steel rims from a Jeep YJ,TJ fit on my 2003 Liberty?

I know they have the same bolt pattern but I have 16" alloys on the Liberty and I want to put 15" for the winter cause I already have the tires.

Let me know.

Thx, Pat.

jfortier777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are already some brands of 15" rims that have been verified as able-to-fit-liberty; but there is a large number of them that will not fit.

Its kind of random which ones will fit or not.

This is because of our calipers, which are massive and in the way.

Since you already own the wheels/tires I would recomment trying it just for the hell of it; if they fit, great; if they dont fit, \you've only lost 10 minutes of work in the driveway.

chuni959

Reaction score
15s will definatly not fit the sport models due to the upgraded brakes. Do you have stock brakes for sure?

TopShapeCabby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
chuni959 said:
15s will definatly not fit the sport models due to the upgraded brakes. Do you have stock brakes for sure?

Yup I have stock brakes....I tried my winter rims/tire from my Ford Ranger. The bolt pattern is the same but the rims hit the front calipers.

](*,)

I will buy 16" winter tires and mount them on my stock mags. Next summer I will buy some new mag wheels....

kayadog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some 15" steel rims apparantly do fit. I think Rockcrawlers are one of them.

RAYMAN1007

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have 15" black cragar d-window wheels. the backspacing is 4" and they fit perfectly. i wish coulda got a backspacing that brought the wheel and tire in 1 more inch, but im happy with it, as the tire JUST touches the liner behind the fogs now, BARELY touches when i turn FUL FULL lock. it looks cool sticking out 1" farther than stock too. te tread doesnt stock out past the flare, but the sidewall does just a tad.

the tires are 235-75-15
You must be registered for see images

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TopShapeCabby said:
Would 15" steel rims from a Jeep YJ,TJ fit on my 2003 Liberty?

I know they have the same bolt pattern but I have 16" alloys on the Liberty and I want to put 15" for the winter cause I already have the tires.

Let me know.

Thx, Pat.

It all depends on the backspacing. My KJ has 6" bs with it's 16x7 wheels. My TJ has 5.5" bs with it's 15x8 wheels. I can put the 15x8's on the KJ (I've tried it) and they fit just fine (plus it moves the tires out a half inch!). They just clear the KJ's brakes. I'm probably going to do this for good next year as I'm going to put new wheels on my TJ.

CRD4Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rock Krawler 97s, Cragar Ds and Soft 8s, and I think the Rock Krawler Stars all fit. I've been told and I believe I've seen a set of MT Classics on a KJ also with 31s.