'07 Wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
We have an '07 Liberty with the 17' chrome wheels. I took the spare tire cover off the spare and notice the chrome is peeling. I found out it's just a chromed plastic cover. So I thought I would take that off the wheel. It looks like it has about 3 lbs. of putty holding the chrome plastic on the wheel. Is this the way it came from the factory? If so, has anyone taken the time to remove it?

Reaction score
I took the chrome wheel cover off this past Sunday. The two pictures are of the wheels with the putty and one without the putty. There was a bit of corrosion from water getting behind the putty. No damage to the wheel though.
Last night I bought a media blaster and walnut shells. This week some time I plan on blasting the wheel and painting. Not sure what color. Kind of leaning towards graphite, but...

Attachments

• Wheel 1.jpeg
    Wheel 1.jpeg
    527.5 KB · Views: 15
  • Wheel 2.jpeg
    Wheel 2.jpeg
    142.6 KB · Views: 15

chrisspeed321

Reaction score
Don't you want to replace it with an aftermarket wheel it looks so old and decaying?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
My 05 has the same wheels always wondered what they looked like, I like them with the plastic hubcap thing

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.