07 Libertys- multiple alternator vendors and connectors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bobkool

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I just bought an 07 Jeep Liberty I was told all it needed was at alternator so I went to all three junk yards in my area and to my display found that I have an uncommonl electrical connector. Everything I found has a rectangular plug with two opposite ends oval. The alternator I need has a squarish connector. My question is can I use one of the alternators with the different connector and splice it in as long as it's 136 amps. Of course I'm not sure which wire would go to which but I'd have to figure that out.
Thx.
Bob

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Welcome to the world of Transition Model Years! I strongly advise against cut and splice installs. These Fiat-Chrysler electrical systems are finicky. For such a critical part, spend the bucks and turn in your core to get a new or refurbbed one. And to be safe, replace the serpentine belt too.

The info you seek is here:

Rough

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I just bought an 07 Jeep Liberty I was told all it needed was at alternator so I went to all three junk yards in my area and to my display found that I have an uncommonl electrical connector. Everything I found has a rectangular plug with two opposite ends oval. The alternator I need has a squarish connector. My question is can I use one of the alternators with the different connector and splice it in as long as it's 136 amps. Of course I'm not sure which wire would go to which but I'd have to figure that out.
Thx.
Bob
Check out 2008 and newer, 2007 was somewhat of a transition year between KJ and KK.

infernicus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thx.
Bob
Yup! I had that same issue and was chasing it a while. I even thought what you did and I find the factory plug off a Durango -that didn't work.
I'm almost positive I ended up with an '08 alternator.