07 Liberty Radiator Cap Leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SEKJared

Reaction score
I recently purchased a 2007 Jeep Liberty and I'm losing some coolant from under the radiator cap. I have already replaced the cap and the problem still persists. If it helps any, it seems like the leak only occurs when the engine is cold and there isn't any pressure in the cooling system. It seems to do this every morning when I go to work or if the Jeep has set long enough to completely lose all pressure in the cooling system.

I don't know if this is related to the problem or not, but when I replaced the cap I ran my finger around the neck of the radiator to see if I could feel any cracks or abrasions. After doing that, it left some "gunk" on my finger I can really only describe as having the consistancy of watery mud. I checked the oil in the Jeep and it seems like it's in good shape. No water in the oil. Thanks for any insight you guys can offer.