06 Jeep liberty P0300

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

[email protected]

Reaction score
I have a 2006 Jeep liberty Renegade 6-speed it has 48k on it. I have had the P0300 code popup one other time. After I scanned it I could not figure out what the problem was the dealer thought that it was the oiled K&N drop in filter. I thought they were full of it, but tried their advice and replaced it with the factory the light did not come back on that was 7k ago. Today the same code came on and I do not know why. The engine does not hesitate and I checked some if the wiring, could it be sparkplugs or bad airflow sensor. I really am not sure I have just messed with my S4 and never a jeep.
Thanks
Nathan

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
P0300 is a misfire code. Usually it shows up with other codes indicating the cyl #. Just change the plugs first and see what happens. How many miles on the plugs?? Could be bad gas possibly. Run some injector cleaner through it. Check your intake in case you over oiled the filter. Get rid og it and put a stock air filter in and see what happens. Those are the easy things anyway. Try the easy things first.

Dave

Last edited:

[email protected]

Reaction score
Thanks I replaced the K&N and put the factory filter back in the first time. I just purchased some new platinum sparkplugs today and also picked-up some injector cleaner. I really do not know how long the sparkplugs were in the car I got it used and it has 48k now so I would guess that they are the factory ones. I also just switched to Mobil 1 synthetic during the last change the liberty has an awful oil filter location. What else should I do now that the car it getting near 50k miles?
Thanks again

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Since the spark plugs are likely originals (Were they NGKs?) that means that the transmission fluid is probably original as well. Get that changed too. Axles and transfer case as well need to be changed.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is a manual 6 speed I do not think the ****** fluid needs to be changed right?

No.......Marlon must have been on drugs when he typed that. He knows better.........:D

If you don't know when or if the plugs were changed since you said you bought it used, then I will bet you that that is your problem. The OEM NGK plugs are good for about 30,000 miles. Pull your #1 plug and look and It will be worn down to a .060 gap and it is supposed to be at .040. The plugs are easy to change.

Dave

[email protected]

Reaction score
The gap was right at 0.60 like Dave said. They were the NGK plugs I guess that is the factory plugs. They looked like they were really worn out covered in black. I also may get a rusty offroad intake tube but is it worth getting should I just keep the stock box?
Thanks again
Nathan

Latest posts

Members online