06 fog lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

moparman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed the Mopar kit in the grill, it all went well. One minor detail... the supplied 20 amp fuse is no longer needed as there are no terminals in specified fuse slot. I was happy to see the lights work without it.

BTW - My Liberty's build date, 06/06.

joeg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
been thinking about this...how long and how much effort to install?

moparman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It can be done in less than 1 hour, but you do have to solder a wire. You need at least a 50 watt iron or a small butane torch, 25 watt iron will not do. I can email the directions (pdf file) when I get in front of another computer later. The dealership guys (or gals) can probably knock one out in 20 minutes.

BluPhant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Once you get the pdf file, email me a copy and I'll get it to Bennett so that we can host it here.

-Blu

joeg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I already have a PDF file on installation (from this forum) that's what got me thinking about it.................

Appreciate insite..............

moparman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BluPhant, email is sent. I don't remember how I got the pdf, possibly from here or the vendor's website.

The directions are OK, could be better with text. As it is, they are "Ikea" style, all pictures, no text.

The Jeep is pre-wired with the exception of the wire you have to solder. The directions are clear on what wire to tap. As I said earlier, I did not need the fuse that was supplied. It also comes with a relay that gets added. The grill snaps right out, the fog lights with adjustment screws snap in their holders. The screws are not accessible with the grill in. The new headlight/windshield wiper switch assembly is supplied in the kit and easy to change. They also light up a fog light icon in the dash when they are on. The fog lights seem bright and useful, but I haven't tested them in bad conditions yet. I have them adjusted pretty good but I am keeping the Torx in the glovebox in case I have to pop out the grill and tweak them on the fly. I snapped a few pics today, I hope this helps...

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

joeg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One more QUESTION:

Where did you purchase the kit?? What did you end up paying if I may ask??

the_titan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
could have gotten it for 164 shipped from jparts.com and been eligible for the Mopar accessories rebate.