06 CRD/Auto - is a 2nd gear start possible???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dhula

Reaction score
We have a 2006 CRD/Auto KJ Limited (Aus version) that we got about a month or so ago and I've been slowly leaning about the KJ and Jeeps in general (this is my first ever Jeep)

I'm wondering if there is any way to make the trans start in 2nd gear at all.

There are some situations I've come across where 1st low is too low and due to the shift protocol in low range means reving the engine unnecessarily to get a change into 2nd to happen and sometimes the box will drop back to 1st when I don't really want/need it to. Starting in 2nd/staying in 2nd would be a better choice in these kinds of situations.
Used to use the 2nd start functionality in our 90 series land cruiser/Prado when we had it a few years back and it worked really well.

I've read the manuals (including several wksp manuals), looked around the interwebs for info, tried different things yet can't seam to do it so I don't think it can be done but thought I'd ask those way more in the know than I just in case I have missed anything.

dhula

Reaction score
Bummer......
Thanks for the info, it's as I thought but good to hear someone else's thoughts.
Might have to adapt my driving style to suit which isn't a biggy.

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
GDE, Green Diesel Engineering, has a transmission tune for the Jeep 2.8 CRD. I think it's geared more toward power, towing, and different shift points.

They might be interested in your idea.

dhula

Reaction score
Like the idea TD, might be worth an email at the very least to see what's possible

Latest posts

Members online