05 Liberty Renegade Misfire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

belvedere

Full Access Member
Reaction score
also I was reading about using the mopar combustion chamber cleaner. Has any body used that?

I used it with good results when I had a Cherokee 4.0 with a misfire.

mk_v

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used it with good results when I had a Cherokee 4.0 with a misfire.

Thanks for the input I just ran the combustion chamber cleaner through the jeep and will be installing the new coil packs once it cools down. Hopefully this is the fix

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mk_v

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well so far so good took a little trip today with the jeep and no issues. Thank you for the input everyone really appreciated all the help. The dogs had a good time
You must be registered for see images attach

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Nice dogs! Wish I could have a couple right now. Hopefully someday soon. :)

CalcityRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What breed is he?

I have no clue what she is LOL, I know Shepherd but don't know what else, We rescued her from a farm when she was 9 months old, She is 6 this may, Wonderful dog, Super protective and loves hiking and 4 Wheeling, We thought about one of those DNA test things but the vet said no point as they are not always accurate.

nullptr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have no clue what she is LOL, I know Shepherd but don't know what else, We rescued her from a farm when she was 9 months old, She is 6 this may, Wonderful dog, Super protective and loves hiking and 4 Wheeling, We thought about one of those DNA test things but the vet said no point as they are not always accurate.

Yeah, those things are useless. I did one on my dog and it listed her as a 93% toy poodle. She weighs 65lbs and is, as far as the vet and I can tell, a Lab/Weimaraner mix. :shrug:

Doesn't matter. Unidentified mutts are the best.

CalcityRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, those things are useless. I did one on my dog and it listed her as a 93% toy poodle. She weighs 65lbs and is, as far as the vet and I can tell, a Lab/Weimaraner mix. :shrug:

Doesn't matter. Unidentified mutts are the best.

Exactly my view on it, When someone asks me what she is I just say "A Dog" haha

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Exactly my view on it, When someone asks me what she is I just say "A Dog" haha

I used to make up a name for the breed. My last pair of dogs were adopted by me as puppies and came from southern Maryland. I told people they were Smibian Pisshounds.

SMIB = Southern Maryland ****** :mexsmoke:

Hockeygoon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input I just ran the combustion chamber cleaner through the jeep and will be installing the new coil packs once it cools down. Hopefully this is the fix

Anyone use Sea Foam instead?

nullptr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone use Sea Foam instead?

I've used it. Running it through the vacuum lines did work, although my engine didn't appear to be all that dirty as it only smoked a little while. That said, I had excellent results running a can through with a tank of gas. Mostly in the realm of idle quality and a slight mpg increase (from 13.2 indicated mpg, city, to 14.8).

mk_v

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well the misfire on cylinder 6 is back. I was just warming up the jeep and when I got in the engine light was on. Changed coil packs at 76k now at 82k now. It isn't idling rough, cleared the code to see if it came up again and it hasn't. No smoke or leaking coolant so I don't think it should be the gasket. What do you guys think? Replace the injectors?
Thanks

Mk

Latest posts

Members online