05 liberty 3.7 head gasket

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jasonmfox55

Reaction score
Just got an 05 liberty and slightly overheated it I purchased using a bank loan and don't have money to bring to a shop is it a job I can take on myself or no..

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Intake comes off, valve covers come off (do one you do both) all pulleys and accessories Come, timing cover removed, timing chain and tension era removed (while you're in there replace the chain, guides, and tensioners, then heads come off. Get a manual also. It will help. There are torque to yield bolts on the head I believe that you cannot reuse and must replace them. Big job. Because if you're going to do one, you may as well do both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jasonmfox55

Reaction score
Am I able to do it with engine still in? Also I'm using the head sealer for now until I can repair it next week. Know of any shops that can do it?

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Am I able to do it with engine still in? Also I'm using the head sealer for now until I can repair it next week. Know of any shops that can do it?

That's not a good idea either. Think of what that sealer does. It makes a film on any surface it finds and can seal passages or even make the problem worse. Also, you can do it with the engine in but it is harder

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk