05 KJ head job

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whoismatty

Reaction score
After chasing issues around for a few days, ive come to the conclusion to replace my head gasket. i have 0 compression on cylinder 2(pass front) after an overheating issue. when i do the compression test, i get zero pressure. as if theres a hole bigger than what the gasket could offer. any ideas?

im about to pop off my valve cover to see if im having valve issues. ive read about the intake valve not rotating correctly causing a similar issue.
and when i pop off the heads, i know its recommended to mill them, is it that big of a deal? it was overheated so i will most likely do so.

and if anyone has done this job before, aprox how many hours did it take? im aiming for about a week of casual work. thoughts suggestions?

whoismatty

Reaction score
Update: Just pulled off the valve cover to see that one of my rockers, is not on the intake valve.... it was however down near the exhaust valve. no damages seem to have occored. however im taking a closer look at the lifters and springs/valve.

rmiller

Reaction score
I'm in the process of replacing the valvesprings on the passenger side head, due to broken spring on cyl #6. Also had 0 compression on that cyl. What is the compression at the other cylinders? If it's good you may be good to go just getting the rocker back on there (how in the world did it fall off?). As far as time, I have about 12 hours into my project and I just finished rebuilding the valvetrain - time to put it back together. Maybe 8 more hours.

Members online

No members online now.