05 Durango EVIC Work???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scottiedog

Reaction score
Help me KJ guru's. Will a '05 durango EVIC work in my '05 Sport???

Number on the durango EVIC is 56049089AF. Will the housing and electronics work???

Thanks a ton!!!

Scott.

VTNomad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
EVIC

Model for an 05 Liberty EVIC is 56010527AD. The model for 04's 56010437AA (w/ sunroof), 56010438AA (w/o sunroof). As far as I know, only EVIC's from 04+ Liberty's will be fully functional. I've only heard of one instance (of 04 & newer models) of someone trying to install an EVIC from another vehicle, and that was a Grand Cherokee. Everything worked, except for the temperature. I'm pretty sure 04, 05 & 06 Liberty EVIC's are interchangable and have been tested and confirmed by a few people.

But we could always use a guinea pig.

stackthepads30

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had an otis from an 04 ram in my 04 Jeep for a while, which worked fine until I was able to find an evic from an 04 liberty. I thought I remember reading in a prior post a while back that the durango 04 and up would work, but I thought that they only had the otis console and not the evic console, just like the Ram.

roadrunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The housing will NOT fit. The electronic module will work, however and will slip into the Liberty/Grand Cherokee housing. There will be some differrences. Study up of the EVIC (Liberty and GC) vs. OTIS (Ram and Durango) first before you commit to this arrangement.

Members online

No members online now.