04 with 6 disc , need aux input

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jmoo27

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK so I have an 04 Renegade with the factory 6 disc changer, I'm currently using an FM modulator but its way to staticy, whats the best option for an Aux input? I've thought about a new head unit but don't want to loose the steering controls
Any suggestions?

RookieLibertyist

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i went to best buy and got an iSimple Tranzit ipod integration system for factory head units. you hardwire it in to your head unit and use it over fm and the sound is amazing. you can use easier the auxilary style or an ipod only style that also charges your device simultaneously. the only thing is for kj's you need to buy two antenna adapters making the total cost about $150.

hope this helps.

67Customs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've thought about a new head unit but don't want to loose the steering controls
Any suggestions?
I just installed a new HU and I was able to maintain steering wheel controls with an adaptor sold by Crutchfield. Just throwing it out there if it helps you make a decision.

Jmoo27

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the info guys, i think im gonna go with a new HU