04 Liberty will not turn over

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SigSauer40

Reaction score
Hello all. Well here's the problem. My brother went to start his Liberty yesterday, and it would not turn over. Was running just fine before that. Well he said the time before it took a second then turned over. First thing he took the starter out and got it tested. Auto Zone said it was fine. so he puts it back in and i get under the car and do the screwdriver test. The starter motor turns but it doesn't turn the flywheel. Now wouldn't it atleast turn the motor over that way? Thanks in advance :party52:

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the most common electrical problem with these jeeps is the battery. if it's even a little weak it apparently causes bizarre behavior. try boosting with another battery and see what happens. if it works properly consider changing the battery.

SigSauer40

Reaction score
forgot to mention. Already hooked the brand new battery out of my truck, to the Jeep.

Latest posts

Members online