04 Liberty, serious problems...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kurkumera98

Reaction score
Okay, so I have an 04 liberty Limited with a few problems...

1: The radio only functions when hitting the Eject button. The disc would then come out and then the radio dies off. So no display and no other button will make it come on other than the eject. I have no idea where to begin on trying to figure out this problem.

2: My gauge cluster, all lights and instruments work but the speedometer, I have replaced the transmission input/output sensors, and the speed sensor over the rear Diff.

3: Engine misfiring/backfiring, I replaced all the spark plugs, coils, and the cam and crank sensors. Also tried using fuel injector cleaner (the stuff you pour into your gas tank)

I've tried all of these things for each problem, am I missing something?? I love my Liberty cause it is my first car, had since I was 16, and I would like her to last me through college! Please help! =(

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, so I have an 04 liberty Limited with a few problems...

1: The radio only functions when hitting the Eject button. The disc would then come out and then the radio dies off. So no display and no other button will make it come on other than the eject. I have no idea where to begin on trying to figure out this problem.

2: My gauge cluster, all lights and instruments work but the speedometer, I have replaced the transmission input/output sensors, and the speed sensor over the rear Diff.

3: Engine misfiring/backfiring, I replaced all the spark plugs, coils, and the cam and crank sensors. Also tried using fuel injector cleaner (the stuff you pour into your gas tank)

I've tried all of these things for each problem, am I missing something?? I love my Liberty cause it is my first car, had since I was 16, and I would like her to last me through college! Please help! =(

1--just install a aftermarket stereo,you can get a nice one installed for less then $150.Trying to get the OEM radio fixed will cost several hundred $$$'s.

2--check the wiring to the speed sensor on the rear diff,the wires can break inside the connector also which makes it very hard to find.Check engine light on? Code P0500? The 2 sensors on the trans has nothing to do with the speedo operation.

3--ran into a problem just like that on a '06 KJ,turned out to be bad cat's after new plugs and fuel system cleaning.