04 Liberty inner rocker replacement?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Harry1970

Reaction score
I'm sure someone has tackled this issue before. It an 04 Liberty in need of rocker replacement. I am in process of replacing the inner and outer rocker on drivers side but behind the rocker that kinda ties into the floor that piece is rotted out. Haven't seen any replacement for that. Is there a replacement or just fab some sheetmetal?
Also I coated everything with Ospho any other suggestions for slowing the rust down?
Thanks
Harry

Harry1970

Reaction score
Yeah, Massachusetts has been brutal on the Liberty, thanks for the link I have 03 I could never find the 04 one.
I want to try the Eastwood's non hardening frame rail coating. The ospho is just to slow what rust is there down.
Passengers side of the libby no where near as bad. Just outer rocker replacement.
Thanks
Harry

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
I would be interested to know how the frame rail coating work out.
How long is dry time, and how thick it is.

Shane Giggie

Reaction score
Mine is as bad as yours or worse, I need to get it fixed this spring. But it works good and I love her and it's worth fixing.

308slegs

Reaction score
Hi Harry. I just stumbled onto your post as I am dealing with the same problem. How did you make out on this project? What did you end up using to replace them?

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same, just got a sheet metal guy to fold me some new ones out of 2mm steel.
You must be registered for see images attach

Note the handy temporary work bench / next years kindling :)

Latest posts

Members online