"04 Liberty Air Intake"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

flipzkid

Reaction score
Hey ya all. I've looked all over for an intake other than the K&N due to the fact it has bad reviews as far as not being so good in filtering dirt. Does anyone whose got the K&N FIPK attest to this? What's the best out there for an 04 cause that's when they added the air temp sensor hose and airflow switch? Help!

Trodo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, cost effectiveness isn't a good trade off, meaning the gain from the K&N FIPK doesn't equate the +$200 cost.
I have used a full K&N intake on previous vehicles and the gain was considerable.
I would spend the money on a freeflow muffler and a panel K&N filter.
Save some in the end. That's what I did and if I can keep my foot out of the pedel, because the gained HP is fun, I'll get a better than stock mileage return...
The only benefit is not having to replace the filter element.
The people claiming the "dirt" are measuring dirt so small it's not going to affect anything. But if you're worried about the dirt, that's what the oil's for. Go over to Syn oil and change it on a regular basis and use a good filter and the "dirt" is taken care of.
Now if you don't care about the cost of the FPIK, go for it, horsepower is always good.
Hope that helped.

flipzkid

Reaction score
Yeah those intake do cost a lot. I have found some no name brand on ebay for 1/4 of K&N's prices and the other leading competitors but not really sure on quality. Thanks for the reply!!!

the1jferg

Banned
Reaction score
personal choice

Might be worth it to try this setup #-o first and return the filter if not satisfied.

http://www.thefergusons.us/kj/kj.htm

I have personally found my oil getting dirty faster with my K&N's and I clean and oil it once in a while.

Every time I go off road I have to take it out and beat the dirt, bugs, leaves and other unidentifiables off it. Water splashes up along with mud. In sandy dusty conditions it ***** it up like an shop vac.

on the street its fine.

the1jferg

Banned
Reaction score
mistake

Hey,

I made a little mistake...When I'm using the K&N in the closed box, I have no problem. It just gets nasty like that on the open filter

Trodo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TireSmok007 said:
Will the intake for the 04 3.7L Fit on the 05 3.7L

Yes.
Nothing was done to the 05 engine when it was revised. They were all styling cues.

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
Re: mistake

Hey the1jferg,

noticed u had a solar charger, hows that work?

the1jferg

Banned
Reaction score
solar charger

It works real well, even charged my dead truck enough to crank in a short time. You just keep it plugged into power outlet or constant lighter plug and it keeps batt topped off.

flipzkid

Reaction score
Does anyone have an air intake other than the poor man's way or the chevy modification? I think I saw someone who had a bomz air intake. Where could I get that? Trying to avoid a $200 intake if possible...

jeepkj02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flipzkid said:
Does anyone have an air intake other than the poor man's way or the chevy modification? I think I saw someone who had a bomz air intake. Where could I get that? Trying to avoid a $200 intake if possible...

i have a bomz air intake. it works good. the only thing i can complain about is their is a bead of weld in the center of the tube the looks ugly. check out my website for pics (in my sig).