04 leveling kit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bandit86

Reaction score
My front springs are sagging bad at 115000 miles. I'm thinking since I need new springs I'd level her out a little, maybe 1 to 1.5 inch more in the front. Is that a bad idea? My diesel ram has a 3 inch leveling in front and love the stance. I'd like a little stiffer spring in case i throw on a winch later, should I space the strut or go longer spring? Is there a longer strut availible?

I can't afford to re gear. If i go from the stock 29 inch tire to a 265 75 16 and always drive with the overdrive off, would the mileage be the same? What is the rpm difference between of on and off?

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
My front springs are sagging bad at 115000 miles. I'm thinking since I need new springs I'd level her out a little, maybe 1 to 1.5 inch more in the front. Is that a bad idea? My diesel ram has a 3 inch leveling in front and love the stance. I'd like a little stiffer spring in case i throw on a winch later, should I space the strut or go longer spring? Is there a longer strut availible?

I can't afford to re gear. If i go from the stock 29 inch tire to a 265 75 16 and always drive with the overdrive off, would the mileage be the same? What is the rpm difference between of on and off?

Tons of differences between your Dodge and the KJ
At 115,000 miles your springs are already sagged at least an inch but guess more like 1.5 inches. So n, a leveling kit would just bring you back to about stock height really
To run a 32 inch tire ( 265-75-16s ) you need at least 3.5 better yet 4 inches of lift, plus new JBA upper control arms at that height. , So new springs, shocks all around and no there isn't any longer front shocks. Yes shocks on the front.
If you can't afford to regear then stick with a small 2.5 inch lift and 29-30 inch tires, just being honest and no running with the over drive off is not a good idea and not an option really if you like the KJ at all
here is my 2004, at one point this is what it looked like, over 4 inches of lift, ( JeepinByAl adjustable coilovers ) 4.10s, 32s ( 265-75-16s) over 200,000 lifted miles
You must be registered for see images attach

If you want a good lift go to OME 927 front / 948 rear with OME shocks, that will give you 2.5 inches of lift and then run some 29-30 inch tires . OR just go wild and install a completely adjustable coilover kit with all 4 shocks being able to adjust the compression and rebound , great ride for sure
Looks like this sitting at 2.5 inches of lift on stock tires, that is my Green one as well
going with 265-60-16s and 4.10s
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited: