04 Jew Liberty 3.7

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Whaaa…?

I drove a 73 Bug for ten years myself.
Exactly. Facebook car advice is bad news and should be used only for entertainment purposes. There is an infamous orange metal flake super beetle rolling around SoCal. The windows are tinted to not technically legal full black so you cannot see the interior. When you first look at it you feel it is wrong, but cannot tell how. The longer you stare at it the more it just feels wrong. Then you notice it is a foot longer than stock and the entire front end is hand-custom fiberglass work to hide the full mid engine Cadillac drivetrain V8 it contains. That vehicle build pre-dates social media. (and was Featured in Hot VWs around the turn of the century)

I ended up against him in 2004 at a sleeper drag event. He ate my '67 Beetle Porsche flat four mod alive and then went on to dominate subi swaps all day long.

• Wow
Reactions: klc

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
I had a VW bug with a 327 4 speed on a old Jeep frame
worked well for what it was built out of LOL ( all scrap parts )
My Da used to build stuff like that. Called ‘em “brush buggies”. They were marvels of redneck engineering. My Gandfa’s 150 acre farm was littered with the carcasses of these things. They’re run em till they died and left them.
Was one that I remember was a Wi.lily’s rolling chassis crammed into a superbeetle shell with a pinto drive train.

My first VW was built partially from the corpses.

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was told on a Jeep Facebook page that my Liberty has more in common with a Mustang than a Jeep...maybe cuz it's not a box? Or a ford? I don't know, made no sense to me. So I stopped participating. Cuz most people driving modern boxes don't seem very bright.

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a VW bug with a 327 4 speed on a old Jeep frame
worked well for what it was built out of LOL ( all scrap parts )
My brother picked up a bug built over the front end of a Cadillac front end. Engine in rear over axle 500ci I think. He sold it off, too difficult to keep the front wheels on the ground.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
My brother picked up a bug built over the front end of a Cadillac front end. Engine in rear over axle 500ci I think. He sold it off, too difficult to keep the front wheels on the ground.
You know it’s a fast bug when the tailpipes are shredded vertical!

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
A local guy used a Olds Tornado front end ( motor/ trans since front wheel drive ) to bolt / weld a Bug front on, it was a heck of a head turner LOL

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
I was the master of blowin the pea shooters out the muffler…cram them dual Webbers onto a 1900 and the restrict the whole system with an OE style Brazilian knock of of an EMPI knock off.

Fweeem! Bwarp! ****!

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was the master of blowin the pea shooters out the muffler…cram them dual Webbers onto a 1900 and the restrict the whole system with an OE style Brazilian knock of of an EMPI knock off.

Fweeem! Bwarp! ****!
Once again you're really making me miss the baja...

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Once again you're really making me miss the baja...
Ya know, you could use your Liberty to tow the baja out to the desert...then you can go Max Enthusiasm VW and skip the street legality...

You must be registered for see images attach

(random web pull- only pictures of my Baja are on polaroid in a box somewhere)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.