03 libby limited

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Codad

Reaction score
I was just curious what the differences was between then, I in no way have any idea about this stuff

Codad

Reaction score
For the front;
OME 927 springs 167.20 a pair at jeepinbyal
Bilstein front shocks( use the ones it calls for for stock ) 98.00 each
Teraflex bumpstops 22.99 each at JBA
For the rear;
OME 948s same 167.20 a pair
rear shocks Bilstein 33-185859 (shockwarehouse) 105.21 each
2 hockey pucks per side bolted down to the lower spring pad

NOW that gives you 2.5 inches,
if you think you want three inches;
Add Spacer/top plates ( JBA ) 27.95 pair in front
Add one extra upper isolater per side in the rear

have a suspension/ alignment shop compress your springs for you

hey tom I've started buying the parts and was about to buy the Bilstein 33-185859 and it shows it's for a Dodge Dakota. Are those the right ones for a 03 liberty?

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey tom I've started buying the parts and was about to buy the Bilstein 33-185859 and it shows it's for a Dodge Dakota. Are those the right ones for a 03 liberty?

Yes... we use 99-04 Dodge Dakota CLUB CAB (Not CREW CAB, or EXTENDED CAB) rear shocks.. they are the length you need for a 2.5+ inch lifted KJ.

You will either need to buy the rear shock bushing kit from JBA, or make your own however... the rear shock mounting holes are different diameters.

Link: https://jeepinbyal.com/bilstein-bushing-kit-one-kit-fits-2-shocks.html

I plan to make my own sleeve for it and use new bolts, washers/spacers as needed.

Codad

Reaction score
Yes... we use 99-04 Dodge Dakota CLUB CAB (Not CREW CAB, or EXTENDED CAB) rear shocks.. they are the length you need for a 2.5+ inch lifted KJ.

You will either need to buy the rear shock bushing kit from JBA, or make your own however... the rear shock mounting holes are different diameters.

I plan to make my own sleeve for it and use new bolts, washers/spacers as needed.

thank you, wasn't sure if they would fit

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I greatly appreciate it tom, but is there anyway to get the price down some? Also what do you do with the 4 hockey pucks?

For the hockey pucks they are used as bumpstops in the rear
Leave the OEM upper one in place, and drill a hole in the bottom spring perch ( in the center) using a 3/8 inch bolt about 2.25-2.5 inches long bolt the pucks down . Drill hole, install spring, then bolt pucks down ( drill hole center of pucks of course )

Bilstein shocks you can check at www.shockwarehouse.com

ARB/OME pretty much set the price of the springs/shocks on what wholesale is so never much mark up on them for retailers.
But this is a very good setup and they last a long time, give a good ride and handling
There just isn't anything else really that is out there for the KJs , other companies but they do not last.
We have a lot of KJs out there with the same basic setup , most everyone on this page, plus LOSTJEEPs , JEEPFORUM etc

MTN MOJO

Reaction score

Thanks for the info on the Bilsteins - I too am not clear on finding the "club cab" option for the 99-04 Dodge Dakota shock. Here is a snapshot of the Shockwherehouse.com Options, can't find "club cab" Does anybody know the Bilstein part number to confirm the correct shock in this application? Thanks again.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-12-29 at 12.47.27 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-29 at 12.47.27 AM.png
    68.3 KB · Views: 9

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info on the Bilsteins - I too am not clear on finding the "club cab" option for the 99-04 Dodge Dakota shock. Here is a snapshot of the Shockwherehouse.com Options, can't find "club cab" Does anybody know the Bilstein part number to confirm the correct shock in this application? Thanks again.
24-185660 or 24-185240
on the shockwarehouse site it even says FOR CLUB CAB 4X4 clearly so yes on the 24-185240

wondering how many times we have all typed in this information on here

Last edited:

MTN MOJO

Reaction score
24-185660 or 24-185240
on the shockwarehouse site it even says FOR CLUB CAB 4X4 clearly so yes on the 24-185240

wondering how many times we have all typed in this information on here

Thanks for the reply. No need to say "wondering how many times" - The information isn't clear. Even you Tom quote different part numbers in earlier posts which cross over to the crew cab not club cab, please see the pictures. Also on the "FAQ for lifts read here firs"t post, the part numbers are outdated yet when one searches the old part number F4-BE5-A702-H0 the new part number refers to the 33-185859 which is the crew cab shock. A club cab by definition is an extended cab (2 doors with extra area behind the seat), but yet the part numbers referenced are crew cab. See how ho that might be unclear. Even now the numbers you just gave, 24-185240 (shock for the Dakota extended cab), conflicts with the other info given in earlier posts and that equals unclear. With all the information given, I've got it down to two shocks, the 33-185859 and 24-185240, which is the correct one?

Attachments

• 859.png
    859.png
    297 KB · Views: 6
  • 8593.png
    8593.png
    176.1 KB · Views: 5
  • 8592.png
    8592.png
    250.7 KB · Views: 4
  • Screen Shot 2020-12-29 at 12.47.27 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-29 at 12.47.27 AM.png