02 to 06 engine swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Greycloud 1

Reaction score
Great Forum! I am wondering what if anything needs to be changed to swap an 2002 Liberty 3.7 into a 2006 Liberty ? The 02 has rust issues and the 06 is cherry other than a seized engine. Thanks

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will have to swap the Tone Rings on the crankshaft over...they changed between certain years.

There is a more detailed description somewhere here on the Forum...hopefully some Expert here will chip in!;)

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Here is a good reference video:
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Greycloud 1

Reaction score
You will have to swap the Tone Rings on the crankshaft over...they changed between certain years.

There is a more detailed description somewhere here on the Forum...hopefully some Expert here will chip in!;)

thank You

htownwood

Reaction score
Great Forum! I am wondering what if anything needs to be changed to swap an 2002 Liberty 3.7 into a 2006 Liberty ? The 02 has rust issues and the 06 is cherry other than a seized engine. They say all you have to swap from an 02 from the 06 is a cam sprocket and the reluctor ring but that's not all. The flywheel from the 06 is different and so are the injectors. I did this engine swap to my 02 liberty and still having problems with it running correctly