'02 pre-lowered, 2.5" Daystar lift, max tire size?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spidey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just looking for some opinions. I'll be running the stock 16" wheels for now and I want the most tire I can get without damaging anything. I don't mind the tire sticking out if running spacers will be necessary, and I do not mind cutting or trimming as necessary. I have read that 265/75s will fit with 'moderate' rubbing, I don't mind rubbing as long as nothing will actually be damaged. Whats the general consensus here? I have read, and searched, but was unable to reach a conclusion on my own.

Thanks in advance,

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
265/75 will fit with rubbing but not damaging any thing ,to bad
you will need to bump stop the heck out of the rear to save our rear flairs
and you will probably need wheel spacers
you will need to do some "adjusting" even after all that
oh yeah and you will need to regear to 4.10's ,yes you can do it with 3.73's but it will be a dog on the highway and your MPG's will be for shait
keep in mind that on average a 265/75 is about 1" taller than a 245/75
that means that you gain only 1/2" of ground clearance and ,IIRC, about 1" of width

with the same lift and 245/75's you will have almost no rub issues and no need to regear depending on the shocks you run you may or may not need bump stop spacers in the rear ,with a spacer lift bump stops are needed for the front to avoid over compressing the strut

Spidey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks a lot for the info, exactly what I was looking for. I think I may just go with the 245/75s. I have found more from searching as well, dunno what I was doing wrong before. I wish there was a write-up for 'maximizing' the Daystar kit, such as a parts list of everything else that is necessary like bump stops, rear isolators, etc but I'll keep looking.

Spidey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input, I'm fairly certain I'll go with the 245/75s and put the saved money toward a locker for the rear among other things :)

Thanks again fellas,

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 255-70-16's on mine and had slight rubbing on the fog covers. A dremal tool made quick work of that though!