02 KJ Installed Sunroof Repair Kit - Won’t Close fully

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

french69ssrs

Reaction score
Hi All
I bought a Sunroof Repair Kit from Sunroof Doctor for my Daughters 02 Liberty back in April.

She Broke it Opening it with the Christmas Tree on it 2 years ago in like 5 Deg. Weather.

She is off to college in 2 weeks and asked me, “Daddy, when are you going to Fix my Sunroof” !!! Doh :Insane:

So We did it together, her and I today.

Went very well, Removing the Headliner and Sunroof Assy, Disassembly, Cleaning and Installing the Repair Parts. Boy, there were like 5 Parts Broken.
I get it in and test it out with the Sunroof In place.

It does not Fully Close – Sits down like ½” off the Back.

In the Vent Position, it also does not Raise up to where it would be in the Vent Position, the Bottom of the Seal is Flush with the Roof.

I did set the Dot for the Timing Position part of the Controller in the Middle. Where else does this get Adjusted ?

Any Help would be great.

Thanks
Timmy from Trumbull, CT

french69ssrs

Reaction score
look at the FSM, it might help.
Index of /manuals/Jeep/KJ

Got It
Did not have the Window Positioned in the Closed Position, Could not make out where the 1/8" Drill bit went on my 02 Liberty to line up the Closed Location.
I guess it was located about 1/2" back as it did not Lift the Window to the Closed Position or Open to the Vent side.
I had worked the Button till it was in the Closed Position, Took it all out and Re calibrated the Controller, Re Installed it all and it works Perfect.
Timmy

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Great news, Timmy! Another dad who is a hero to his daughter. :favorites13: