0-60 my KJ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's kinda nifty! I didn't realize it would take 10 seconds to get to 60 in these things. It feels a little faster than that to me, but I guess mine is 2wd so it might be a little quicker but probably not much. It's always fun to play around with crap like that though. :D

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, it always feels faster. I don't know why, it could be the 0-30 that's pretty fast, rest is like COME ON... But for this weight, it's gotta be within the class and not slow.

Otherwise I am feeling a bit iffy with the acceleration. Recently I started noticing a tiny bumps on when I go from stop. It feels like it is banging once or twice once it starts moving.. It is VERY difficult to explain but it wasn't there. The accel is just not smooth at low speed.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, it always feels faster. I don't know why, it could be the 0-30 that's pretty fast, rest is like COME ON... But for this weight, it's gotta be within the class and not slow.

Otherwise I am feeling a bit iffy with the acceleration. Recently I started noticing a tiny bumps on when I go from stop. It feels like it is banging once or twice once it starts moving.. It is VERY difficult to explain but it wasn't there. The accel is just not smooth at low speed.

It's not a race car ya know. But it's good for what it is. I drove my Son's Cayanne Turbo when he had it and that was fast for a heavy hunk of iron. If I remember, I think it was a v8 though and not comparable really.

If you're not accelersting smoothly, you might need a plug change?

Dave

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep :) I know, I am not racing it. But the ****** is getting to me.

It only happens on slow accel. Feels a like tiny little bump or a bang at 0 to 10mph. Once or twice little bangs.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep :)
It only happens on slow accel. Feels a like tiny little bump or a bang at 0 to 10mph. Once or twice little bangs.

marbels in your pocket?????

haha

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
dude.
You must be registered for see images
it took me a while.. and gave me a chuckle!!!

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you think it is the ****** shifting funny, check the fluid level first. After that, I'm sorry, I don't know what to tell you.

Dave

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
2 weeks ago, the dealer was supposed to check all levels... will have to check once again myself.

priell3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So what is the fastest you have driven in your KJ? I had mine up to 100 MPH once.

My '03 V6 Sebring was fast (my wife says too fast). I never timed it but 0 - 60 seemed to be in the blink of an eye. It had the AutoStick too so I could control the shifting. I would take that up to 100 MPH easily and often. Took it to 115 MPH before the limiter kicked in and I had a feeling it could have done a whole lot more. It's nickname was the Red Rocket.

I don't know if I'd try holding a camera while doing speed trials though.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think 90 or 95 once.. We don't have that much stretch of roads here in the city, and cops always watch on the LIE. So, no speeding for us..

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
So what is the fastest you have driven in your KJ? I had mine up to 100 MPH once.

My '03 V6 Sebring was fast (my wife says too fast). I never timed it but 0 - 60 seemed to be in the blink of an eye. It had the AutoStick too so I could control the shifting. I would take that up to 100 MPH easily and often. Took it to 115 MPH before the limiter kicked in and I had a feeling it could have done a whole lot more. It's nickname was the Red Rocket.

I don't know if I'd try holding a camera while doing speed trials though.

I've never had my KJ past 100MPH. Had a lot left in it though. Those JR Sebrings with the 2.7L are anything BUT slow.

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if the speed limiter wasn't there, I think it could hit 120-125 fairly easily...but once you hit 105 (at least in mine anyway), all of a sudden it's like you've got a big parachute behind you when the limiter kicks in.

thecause17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've never tried to go all that fast in mine...I've probably done 80 out on the highway cruising before, but other than that I don't feel a need to go any faster, I've done it in other cars.

I had my old MX-6 at 140mph one day a couple years ago. It had more to go but I decided to back off, I think it would've topped off around 150'ish, that's about all it had gearing for. You know you're going fast when the white lines on the road look like dots. :)

thecause17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've heard they are like that too when you're driving a "hot rod lincoln"....lol

Haha, I thought of that song too when I posted that....

...but it's true what he said. ;)

He also said that the telephone poles looked like a picket fence, but I didn't take note of that one.

offrovering

Full Access Member
Reaction score
doesnt the liberty feel like it will explode over 90? i dont drive mine, let alone that fast, but damn yall are crazy going over 100, i'd be scared something would fly off hah

Gris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I barely hit 100mph with my '02 5-spd stick, but with the lift, tires and such, I don't want to chance it.

My wife's 06 with the 6-spd stick is nuts though. In 6th on the highway, you can be doing 85, hit the gas and still get pushed back into your seat. it's crazy compared to mine.

Fastest I ever drove a vehicle I owned was my '01 Dodge Stratus R/T. 5-spd stick, ripp mods super charger on it. Ran the quarter in just over 12 at about 130. Fastest I ever had it was at least 150mpg, but I think a bit more. Speedo stopped at 145 and there was a pin just after that to stop the needle from going higher. I hit the needle and still went faster.