‘04 abs

Discussion in 'KJ General Discussion' started by jeepguy4276, Jun 30, 2020 at 9:45 AM.

1. jeepguy4276

jeepguy4276 Full Access Member

Do all ‘04’s have antilock brakes? I’m looking at one for my daughter ( I love my ‘02). It needs a front wheel bearings And o2sensor for sure. Not to big a deal. But the brakes feel much softer than mine. The pedal also travels further to the floor than mine. The brakes seem to function ok as far as stopping.

I’ll have time to check it out more thoroughly later today I hope and I will have a mechanic do a check over before any decision is made. I’ll check for any open recalls as well. I just wanted to get a jump start on it.

2. 03GoingStrong

03GoingStrong Member

Look down beside the brake master cylinder. If you see an aluminum block with brake lines going to it, the Liberty DOES NOT have ABS.
    I have an '03 and ABS was optional. I don't have ABS. I think if instead of an aluminum block, you see something with wired connectors then you do have ABS. At least if you have ABS, you will not see as pictured below.

Picture of my '03 and I have the aluminum block with brake lines attached. A sure indication that I DO NOT have ABS ...

[​IMG]

3. jeepguy4276

jeepguy4276 Full Access Member

Yep. It didn’t have abs. Needed some work but was a fair price. Then found out it needed a head gasket. That one is a pass.