New roof basket.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
I installed my new Rola basket last night. It seems to sit too high on the rails. I would like to get the cross rails lower so the basket fits in between the OEM roof racks. But it is what it is for now.

You must be registered for see images attach

Andynator

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It looks like your basket might nestle down between the roof rails? Put the crossbars on the underside of the roof rails....

Andy

Jeepin05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Didnt someone recently cut into their roof bars to make the basket sit lower?

Damn that's a sharp lookin KJ...can I ask what tires you have?

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
It looks like your basket might nestle down between the roof rails? Put the crossbars on the underside of the roof rails....

Andy

Good idea Andy.

kj924........Nice roof basket. Really sharp KJ. Something about the black/red. Take the side moulding strips off and spray them black. Just thinking what it would look like.

Dave

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
Looks great...I really like your KJ....:D

Thanks!

Didnt someone recently cut into their roof bars to make the basket sit lower?

Damn that's a sharp lookin KJ...can I ask what tires you have?

Yeah,people have cut their Mopar rails and fit them in between the rack bars.

My tires are 31x10.5x15 Dayton MT's

Good idea Andy.

kj924........Nice roof basket. Really sharp KJ. Something about the black/red. Take the side moulding strips off and spray them black. Just thinking what it would look like.

Dave

For the price it is a great basket. I have thought about painting those door strips too, I think it would look awesome that way!

TruLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the mopar cross bars wont fit under, if you figure out how to jerry rig them inbetween let me know. i like the rola but sitting up top it sits too high for not enough basket space and the huge rails bug me but otherwise its nice.!

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score

Andy

Rails narrow towards the rear, the front may fit but rear will be tight or wont fit at all. On his 3rd picture his basket is not crooked, it is the rails.

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks awesome! Not too much drag on that one either. Still waiting on those black decals though......:)

AMG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats does look great...where did the hooks come from

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I disagree, looks fine on the roof rails. Just my opinion.

Andynator

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd have a go at U-bolting it directly to the roof rails, and ditch the cross bars.

Get yourself one of those folding steps that hangs over the tire...you'll need it!

For transport you can hang it over the spare and wrap a bungie strap around the spare mount. Even fold it down and strap some chairs to it, but don't go overboard on the weight...

Andy

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
I'd have a go at U-bolting it directly to the roof rails, and ditch the cross bars.

Get yourself one of those folding steps that hangs over the tire...you'll need it!

For transport you can hang it over the spare and wrap a bungie strap around the spare mount. Even fold it down and strap some chairs to it, but don't go overboard on the weight...

Andy

I can stand right on the tires as they sit, it's a great booster for me( being 5'6:p) and reach into the basket no problem. The tires make a great platform!!

Members online

No members online now.