Couple Camp Jeep Pics...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stackthepads30

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had so much fun at Camp Jeep.....can't wait to go next year....
You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

As you can see at the owner's playground, I'm not afraid to get down and dirty ;)

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OMG you are a huge risk taker. Did you say "here are a couple pics" because the Jeep wouldn't start after that?? :)

Looked like a lot of fun though!! I was in Camp Jeep 3 years ago and loved it. I will be going back in the future. MORE PICS!! MORE PICS!!

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like you had fun making a mess out of your Jeep. How about an engine compartment shot?

No disrespect intended, I'm just curious... do the Camp Jeep people just turn you loose in the play area with no instructions? The reason I ask, is because of the big head on dive you took into the muddy water hole. That is the worst possible way to enter any kind of water, unless your Jeep is set up for that kind of thing. Nice and easy is really the only way to ford a water crossing (basic off roading 101) As posted above, you took a big chance on sucking water/mud into your intake....

Last edited:

jkl

Reaction score
just about to ask if the dealer replaced the fan assembly and any other damage under warranty..

if you didnt come away with some sort of engine / cooling issues, you are

l u c k y

stackthepads30

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only issue had is the radiator fan died on me, so we had to drive home with the heater on full blast for 300 some odd miles. (not a radiator fan motor within a 100 mile radius for the liberty). I took it straight to the carwash after playing in that junk. What made me mad is that they had an area that would spray your engine compartment out, but they didn't come until after I ran through the playground. It was about 5 to 6 miles to the nearest carwash. And after 3 trips to the carwash, the engine bay is fairly clean. I can honestly say that I won't bring the liberty through crap like that anymore (maybe because next year I'll bring my Rubicon I just bought a month ago). My liberty handled decent on the trail rides, but am so glad I put on the skids, because ruts on the trails out there were deep enough that I was using the skid plates frequently, even when I was not in the ruts. I do consider myself very fortunate that I didn't lose something like an alternator, or have issues with the radiator or intake. As for instructions, yeah, there pretty much was none from the spotters out there. The pit got ridiculous the 2nd day, as in the afternoon nobody was getting out of it because of the ruts. That would include a couple rubicon's I saw with about 35 inch tires, huge lifts, etc.....I did have tremendous fun testing capability from my Liberty at Camp Jeep. Was it worth the fun at the expense of having to replace the radiator fan? Yes, once.....will I be doing it again (the mud pit) in the future......probably not.

Last edited:

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was it worth the fun at the expense of having to replace the radiator fan? Yes, once.....will I be doing it again (the mud pit) in the future......probably not.
Okay, how much $$$ did it cost you to fix everything? I'm glad you justify the expense of diving nose first into a mud hole just for the sake of doing it, because I couldn't....

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
common lighten up guys he had fun and obviously learned somthing too, at a price. thats what jeeping is about. shame on the camp people if anything for lack of advise.

2003KJ

Reaction score
shame on the camp people if anything for lack of advise.

I agree....you'd think of ALL people, it'd be the people running camp jeep that would stop and think.....he might suck some mud in on this one....

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree....you'd think of ALL people, it'd be the people running camp jeep that would stop and think.....he might suck some mud in on this one....

Camp jeep people are not screened based on knowledge. Just volunteers. Many of those are from local 4x4 clubs and many don't have the knowledge for advising novice off-roaders on proper techniques.

When I went to Camp Jeep I was fortunate to follow a trail guide who gave great advice on maneuvering through obstacles.

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can honestly say that I won't bring the liberty through crap like that anymore (maybe because next year I'll bring my Rubicon I just bought a month ago).

Just an FYI, I'd be cautious of the Rubi in a pit like that too. Sure, I love the Rubi and they are rugged, but I was wheeling with a guy in an '07 (friend of a friend). He took it though a couple of waterholes (not even really muddy) just over door level. He ended up screwing up the fan on that and was overheating like mad.

He lucked out that it was a corporate lease and took it down somewhere and it was fixed behind the scenes, no questions asked.

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Camp jeep people are not screened based on knowledge. Just volunteers. Many of those are from local 4x4 clubs and many don't have the knowledge for advising novice off-roaders on proper techniques.
Still not a good reason and if that is the case, then they shouldn't be there running a Jeep event. Just about any member (unless they joined yesterday) of a 4x4 club knows the basics of off road 101. That particular event must of been run by a bunch of yahoos. You don't just turn a bunch of people (most of which have never really been off road) loose on a course without some kind of briefing, especially one with a water/mud hole like the one pictured.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Last edited: