What parts to order?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TomO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been reading and poking around but I'm left with a couple of questions. There are many differing opinions on this forum.

1 - does JBA = JeepinByAl (.com)?

2 - I'm looking at OME springs OME927 front and OME948 rear for our '04 KJ and Bilstein shocks to go with them. I see ...D916... for the fronts but for the rear I see ...D917... and ...2790... listed both as Heavy Duty shocks for stock KJ. What is the difference? Would you choose the D917 to match the D916?

3 - I'm not looking for any lift above the spec-ed 1.5 inches that OME claims, but I see posts on either side of the you do or do not need bumpstops, spacers, etc. If I maintain original tire size, 235/70/16, are there more parts needed, or am I good-to-go with just the springs and shocks?

My apologies for re-asking the same old questions - I'm just a bit confused right now.

tboneil24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you need bump-stops to prevent your a-arms from making contact with your spring. I'm not a 100% sure, maybe the bump-stops are just for bigger tires.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 927/948 combo on a "light" KJ(no armor or heavy bumpers) will net you like 3" of lift,in which extended bumpstops should be installed to keep from killing the shocks.If you have no plans for adding skids,steel bumpers,and a winch then the 925 coils are what you want for the front and the 947 rear coils for the 1.5" lift you only want.

long_tall_texan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And always add as much extended bump stop as you add in lift to both the front and rear, for the reason Troy mentioned above. 1" lift = 1" added bump stop, 3" lift = 3" added bump stop.

TomO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
925/947 - I understand.

Where do I get the bump stops? JeepinByAl seems to only list the 3 inch for the front ( as a direct replacement for stock ones? ) and ones for a 4 inch lift for the rear.

How about the rear shocks? JBA-F4-BE5-D917-H0 or JBA-F4-BE5-2790-H0 - They both have the same description and use. Are they different?

TomO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Payday tomorrow, so I'm getting ready to place an order. Does this list sound correct for an '04 Renegade with bash plates and some lightweight bumper jewelry ( a push bar / brush guard that I wouldn't want to push anything with )?

Front Springs: OME926 ( Medium )
Front Shocks: JBA-F4-BE5-D916-H0 ( Bilstein )
Front Bump Stops: JBA-TER1903200 ( TeraFlex 3" Bump Stop )

Rear Springs: OME947 ( Medium )
Rear Shocks: JBA-F4-BE5-D917-H0 ( Bilstein )
Rear Bump Stops: ( Hockey pucks from a local sporting goods store??? ) ( really? )

It will be a couple more paychecks before I can replace the tires though. Gotta pay the mortgage too.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Payday tomorrow, so I'm getting ready to place an order. Does this list sound correct for an '04 Renegade with bash plates and some lightweight bumper jewelry ( a push bar / brush guard that I wouldn't want to push anything with )?

Front Springs: OME926 ( Medium )

Rear Springs: OME947 ( Medium )
Rear Bump Stops: ( Hockey pucks from a local sporting goods store??? ) ( really? )

It will be a couple more paychecks before I can replace the tires though. Gotta pay the mortgage too.

If I were you, I would go with the Heavy Duty front coil springs (OME 927).
Considering that you have some "Bumper jewelry"
The ride is not that harsh.

TomO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's what I love about these forums.

I think in this single thread, I've been recommended just about every part available.

So, are the Bilstein shocks I mentioned the correct ones to go with the Heavy Duty springs?

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Front Springs: OME927 ( HD)

Rear Springs: OME948 ( Medium )
Rear Bump Stops: ( Hockey pucks from a local sporting goods store??? ) ( really? ) -- Yes, see below:
You must be registered for see images attach

TomO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why do I feel like I'm about to fall victim to the biggest practical joke on jeepkj.com?

I guess the only decision I have left is do I get NY Rangers pucks ( my favorite as a kid ) or Colorado Avalanche pucks ( The local team )?

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why do I feel like I'm about to fall victim to the biggest practical joke on jeepkj.com?

I guess the only decision I have left is do I get NY Rangers pucks ( my favorite as a kid ) or Colorado Avalanche pucks ( The local team )?

OK, now I'm really not sure if you're joking. Please read the lift FAQ. Help stops................. now.