Tire time! Firestone Destinations, Bridgestone Duelers, or Long Trail T/As?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wakko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife's 22k '07 Sport needs new tires, finally. I can get a set of Firestone Destinations for about $650 from Firestone, or a number of choices from Costco, including Dueler ATs, Dueler ATs, and BFG Long Trail T/As. Tire will be 245/70R16.

I like the look of the Destinations (both RWOL and tread) but with Costco you get the lifetime balance and road hazard included, so it's a better value. They do have their Michelin XRadials and LT2s as well for a bit more money. The Liberty is a 2WD, and we almost never drive it offroad, but I like the meatier look of a more offroad tire. It does rain like the dickens down here in south Florida, so it needs to grip well in the rain.

Ideas? We need to do this in the next week, unfortunately.

RedKJ04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My vote is for the Firestone Destination AT's. Mine are 245/70/16's as well and I have had no problems with them so far. I love the look, they are quiet on the road, great in the rain, great off road, and I will test how they are in the snow this winter.
Here's what they look like on mine
You must be registered for see images

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
X's two on the Destination ATs
I ran them for about 20,000 miles in a 245-70 size, quiet, wore great, did real well on wet roads good overall street tire for sure!

Wakko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went by Firestone on my way home and they gave a sweet deal...$600 mounted, balanced, road hazard and everything. I went ahead and ordered 'em up for Sunday. Thanks for the insight, guys.

Nick T

Reaction score
You may not have the issue of snow down there in FL, but I had the Destination ATs on my Trailblazer, and LOVED them in the winter. Amazingly awesome tires!

Wakko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the tires yesterday and they look awesome. Very aggressive tread and corners, and the size looks good too. Ended up at $600 including road hazard, and amazingly when Firestone checked the alignment, they said it was a tiny bit off, but not worth spending $80 to correct. I was surprised and pleased.