Headlight Upgrade? Opinions Wanted..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bmxbika11

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm in the market to upgrade my stock headlights. For me they just aren't bright enough. I have done some research and across the board I see that fellow KJ owners enjoy the PIAA Xtreme White lights. Anyone else have experience with them? Or any other recommendations? Thanks

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Ya the Piaa's extreme white's you will be pleased with!
I also modded the fog light bulbs to 65 watt! Now it's white and bright.
The Piaa bulbs gave much further range and the stock bulbs were out of my KJ with in a week of buying it as they were so dim and yellow.
Here is a link to a night shot with them on.
http://s779.photobucket.com/albums/yy75/LibertyTC/Jeep%20Liberty%202004/?action=view&current=PIAALowBeamsWithFOGMOD.jpg
Link for fog light mod:Edit : http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/f202/fog-light-mod-65-watt-upgrade-02-04-a-58960/

Last edited:

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh and PIAA's last a long time and can take the bumps !:)
Just ask Luke how well they "wear" SHOCKED.gif LOL

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
Funny you should say that ... They will take a head on collision into a cement barricade ... but may only work for another 4 months after :D My drivers side bulb finally gave out this week. 18 months is the lifespan under extreme abuse. Pass side bulb is still going strong though. I'm heading to Performance Improvements tomorrow to get a new set.

Bmxbika11

Reaction score
Thanks for the picture Liberty, they look really sweet! Just confirming they are Xtreme White 9007's? And now that i saw your fogs, im gonna spend more $$$ :).....im slowly making my way with upgrades...just put in a K&N air filter, nice difference between the crappy stock one....

staindvans

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i usually get Sylvania xtravision, but GE nighthawks are supposed to be great for the price. also the new Philips Xtreme power are supposed to be pretty bright without any of the trickery and blue tint.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the picture Liberty, they look really sweet! Just confirming they are Xtreme White 9007's? And now that i saw your fogs, im gonna spend more $$$ :).....im slowly making my way with upgrades...just put in a K&N air filter, nice difference between the crappy stock one....
Yes that is correct my site shows X-treme White Plus -the box they came in!
http://s779.photobucket.com/albums/yy75/LibertyTC/Jeep%20Liberty%202004/?action=view&current=PiaaBulbs2.jpg]
The fogs stock were 42watts and going up to 65 made a great difference.

Bmxbika11

Reaction score
Yeah the picture with the fogs look pretty sweet...I see another thread popped up about headlights, I think your pics can pretty convince anyone to go PIAA....and btw how the hell did you get blue LEDs inside?!!? thats crazy man!

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i picked up a pair of hella 9007s....they say on them xenon blue dot approved which made me suspiscous but i talked to people i know and when i threw em in there not blue at all so u wont look like a fast and the furious stunt car. benefit of the hellas over the piaas is there only about 50 a pair whereas the piaas usually run somewhere in the neighborhood of 70

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
I paid $ 78 plus tax=88 Can, at a local parts store that has special offerings for company account holders.
Most parts store have retail pricing, and then 15-30 percent less for accounts.
Sometimes you have to find a way into the discount world, through employer acct or simply grind them with other competitive pricing and ask them to match it. Every bit helps.

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
100 a pair for the piaas??? heres a quick way to save almost 20 bucks. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/PIA-19617/

$79.97 + Tx + shipping + duty + currency conversion is more than $100 ..

believe us we know .. I would bet that there is not one Canadian on here who has not tried to make the numbers work in their favour. :D Not just to save money either. It has gotten better in the last 20 years (for product selection and niche market goods) but sometimes there is just no other option than take-out from the good ol' US of A.

Bmxbika11

Reaction score
I have had great success with ordering items off Amazon. I'm a premium member and usually you can find parts on there for a few dollars cheaper..for the example, if I wanted to buy the same PIAA's that LibertyTC has on his KJ, It would cost me around $68 including shipping...Now, I'm sure it will be more pricey unfortunately for Canadians because of the currency coversion and ect but check out Amazon...

Latest posts

Members online