Drilling through Bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fouros

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Who has added extra light to thier bumper and did you have to remove the bumper to add the driving lights?

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
I didn't. \:D/ If you look under the bumper, you'll see these 2 "holes" on each edge. If you drill on the top of the bumper, you'll get access to secure the light mounts there. The "holes" are oval shaped, btw.

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Fourus, I figured these would help:
You must be registered for see images attach

The holes I drilled were 3 1/2" in from the edge of the bumper step and 1" out from the front of the grille. You might want to come out a bit more, but be sure you aren't drilling thru the bumper in front of where you can access from underneath.

You must be registered for see images attach

Here you can see the opening Marlon is talking about. My front hitch is blocking part of it but you should get the idea of where they are.

Good luck drilling the bumper.

Last edited:

fouros

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks for that Corwyn

when you drilled did you close your eyes and go from the top or

drilled a pilot hole first?

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just drilled from the top - the plastic keeps the drill bit located when you start to go thru the metal. A pilot hole would always help but I didn't use one and didn't have any problems.

joiner_8

Reaction score
fitting spot lights to frunt bumper

Thanks for the reply, I have still to fit them but the pictures should help.
Will keep you posted

Eddo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just added some lights too. I just did a small pliot hole first and then the 3/8" bit. No problem at all. It is really easy.

By the way, Kevin did you use and touch up paint or anything on the freshly drilled metal or just left her alone.

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just left it alone, but when I pulled the front plastic to install my front hitch I noticed there was some rust so I probably should have used some paint. I may pull the front clip off again and do some sanding then apply some primer or something before it gets too bad.

Latest posts

Members online