2007 KJ Sunroof pinout

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lazychris2000

Reaction score
Maybe I'm just an idiot, but for the life of me, I can't figure out the pinout of the sunroof controls on my 2007 KJ Sport.

I grabbed an evic from a 2004 Grand Cherokee from a salvage yard, which did not have the GC housing, so I took an EVIC housing off a 2008 Durango. I got the EVIC and lights wired in with no problem, but I'm having trouble finding a pinout for the stock sunroof controls. The service manual lists cable colors that are not what I am seeing on my KJ--manual says OR/LB, OR/YL, OR/TN and OR/LB (yes, there are 2 OR/LB), but my harness is BK, VT, GR and BR (both in the headliner and soldered to the controls).

The harness is different between the stock sunroof controls and the new ones, so I wanted to be sure I had the pinout correct. The Durango's control was extremely easy to figure out--once I found the ground, each button corresponded to a unique pin. The stock one was not that easy--I found a note in the service manual talking about how you need to set your multimeter to 10+MΩ, so I pulled out my meter and went to town.

The results were...not helpful. I found 2 of the pins have no connectivity to anything at all, whether or not I pressed buttons. The other 2 are connected (0Ω between them) no matter what button is pressed. When I used my multimeter on the connector inside the headliner, I did find 1 of the pins carries +5V and (as far as I can tell, at least) the others have no charge. Logically, I would say that the other 3 pins control open, close and vent, but I'm a little hesitant to short one of them to the +5V line. I'd hate to burn something out on my baby.

Here's some pics of the stock controls, the new ones and the EVIC/housing, if any of them are helpful

I could dremel out the existing sunroof control mount and install the stock controls, but it doesn't look nearly as good as leaving the ones already in the housing.