What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

seafish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today I finally finished my write up with pictures on how to make a durable, reusable and EASILY removable stainless steel mesh bug screen for your beloved KJ.

Last edited:

DadOSix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 04 has decided she needs some garage time.

It started as a whiff of coolant last week and yesterday, i thought I lost PS fluid. Pulled into the nearby convenience store, and noticed it more. So, Lib is in the garage and new parts in hand. Now, it makes sense to : 1 - replace the valve cover gaskets 2 - fashion some PCV hose stuff 3 - hmm wide open - now the rack bushings 4 - all greasy - may as well repair that PS leak as well.

Oood times!

rootleaf

Reaction score
@randyre NO drilling of any kind was required. I added length to the wiring using butt connectors and heat shrink tubing. Then, I slid the wires into PET expandable braided sleeving. Then I used one zip tie to secure the wiring to the spare tire mount. With the rear gate open, I dismantled the plastic interior panel and used vinyl tape to secure wiring to the gate frame. Routed the wiring to the driver side tail light. Used Posi-Tap™ wiring connectors to connect to the brake wiring.

To be clear, when I close the rear gate, the wiring fits snug in between the door and the insulating seal rubber.

ikuo78

Reaction score
I forgot to close the coolant cap a few months ago.
I ended up getting the hood liner covered in coolant.
I closed the cap after a few days, but
I couldn't get the smell off.

I washed it yesterday and the smell went away.
You must be registered for see images attach

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
I finally found a brand of interior cleaning and detailing products that actually works well AND smells good:
Chemical Guys

Believe the hype. Cuts road dust, cigarette smoke and Old Science Hippy Stank.

Khaan! is like brand new. Bert (who hadn't been cleaned or anything since I gave him to my kids) is in better shape than ever.

Their "new car" scent is a magnificent mix of free long chain monomers, leather, and good pipe tobacco and is not overpowering or headache inducing like the other brands.

Going to try out their exterior cleaning stuff I am so impressed with the interior stuff. (I'm homozygous for both super taster and super sniffer genes. Synthetic perfumes are really painful to me.)

Now only if I could find a good way to get pug and hippy hair out of automotive carpet fuzz....

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally found a brand of interior cleaning and detailing products that actually works well AND smells good:
Chemical Guys

Believe the hype. Cuts road dust, cigarette smoke and Old Science Hippy Stank.

Khaan! is like brand new. Bert (who hadn't been cleaned or anything since I gave him to my kids) is in better shape than ever.

Their "new car" scent is a magnificent mix of free long chain monomers, leather, and good pipe tobacco and is not overpowering or headache inducing like the other brands.

Going to try out their exterior cleaning stuff I am so impressed with the interior stuff. (I'm homozygous for both super taster and super sniffer genes. Synthetic perfumes are really painful to me.)

Now only if I could find a good way to get pug and hippy hair out of automotive carpet fuzz....
My boot is coated in ginger labrador hair, a vacuum cleaner won't touch it.

seafish

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I use an air compressor with a narrow fan tip along with the vacuum cleaner, running them tip to tip, for deeper carpet cleaning that doesnt require wetting things down.