What did you do to your Jeep today? -Wrangler Edition-

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Pedders Heavy suspension gets here today. Ordered an AEV steering damper.
Of course parts arriving triggers a few days of rain, so no clue when it is going in.

Rival USA has discontinued their JL/JT flat roof racks and has them seriously discounted. Additionally they are literally giving away any and all of their roof rack accesories with a purchase confirmation number. Got nearly 2k$ of stuff for 600$ buy buying direct.
You must be registered for see images attach
Free shipping too.

Last edited:

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Installed the Dynatrac 2" Endurosport lift this weekend. Quadratec showed a 5-6 week back order and Northridge showed it as discontinued, so I ordered it and it showed up 3 days later, so that was awesome. Install went smooth, loosened all the control arms front and rear and retorqued on the ground. Only issue was that the bolts for the new rear sway bar end links/bolts were bigger than factory, so had to drill out the factory rear sway bar a little bit. I'd say it was about the same difficulty as doing the KJ lift. I guess no need to disconnect the ball joints or do anything in the engine bay, but getting the track bars to line up and getting the clevis aligned on the KJ have a similar vibe lol. Wasn't planning on the lift coming till April/May, so I didn't order longer front LCAs or new track bars, but at this point I'm not sure I will. Rides so much nicer than stock, rides as good as the OME setup on the KJ. Flexes good with the rubicon sway bar disco too. Put about 80 miles on it. Forgot to measure before, but feels probably 2.5-3" higher than stock, I must have been sagged out before. The tires don't look as small as I expected, but will upsize when these wear down! Now it sits higher than the KJ, but not by too much. I'll have to get a new pic of them together.
Lookin' sharp! I'll only end up with 3/4 to 1" of lift so hopefully wont have to F around with control arms and the like. Pedders USA and AUS assure me there is no need for any additional modifications beyond their springs and shocks, though they recommend a stiffer steering damper.
Starting to get lift install anxiety.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Lookin' sharp! I'll only end up with 3/4 to 1" of lift so hopefully wont have to F around with control arms and the like. Pedders USA and AUS assure me there is no need for any additional modifications beyond their springs and shocks, though they recommend a stiffer steering damper.
Starting to get lift install anxiety.
I still got the stock dampener. I've read about some dampeners making it pull, but I'll probably have to replace the stock one eventually. I don't think I'm going to do trackbars until the stock ones are bad. LCAs, maybe maybe not, it drives great. The lift install is pretty easy for just springs and shocks. If there's a next time, I'd try not disconnecting the track bars and see if that gives enough droop to get the coils out and the new ones in.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

This is a good video. Love his content.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
I still got the stock dampener. I've read about some dampeners making it pull, but I'll probably have to replace the stock one eventually. I don't think I'm going to do trackbars until the stock ones are bad. LCAs, maybe maybe not, it drives great. The lift install is pretty easy for just springs and shocks. If there's a next time, I'd try not disconnecting the track bars and see if that gives enough droop to get the coils out and the new ones in.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

This is a good video. Love his content.
I've read of folks using a bottle jack to get the extra inch to slide in the springs for the smaller lifts. AEV makes some geometry correction brackets for the 2.5" lift range that by accounts are the way to go if you notice issues.
For overlander builds the AEV steering damper is the way to go- is a specialty tuned Bilstien for 0-2.5" JLs - chatted quite a bit with the overlanding gang at the jlwrangler forums on the subject.

Last edited:

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Happiness is a crate of the other Aussie new suspension parts. Pedders USA swears I will love these and that they will out-perform OME for my application. Was kind of fun having the two customer support teams battling for my business.
Pedders won as I really did not want/or need to lift the Rubicon, but the aftermarket stock size replacements can't handle my load outs....and everything is powder coated red...
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

klc

“It flies like a truck.”
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tailgate opens the wrong direction.