What did you do to your Jeep today? -Wrangler Edition-

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Since we got a great community here, and so as not to dilute the Liberty sections (and possibly cause confusion for new members) here's where to do more of the usual, but with the Wranglers (all models).

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Thanks to a number of Free Gift Card Promotions I have been stacking up in my Scamazon Account, I got a "free" BulletPoint Mounting Solutions RubiGrid System. This neato design replaces the little dashboard trays with a solid steel platform on which all my accoutrements can be mounted. I finally have solid places to put my phone, radios, tablet, GoPro, and Dash Cam. Pictures to follow.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Sounds like a good idea to me.

Although I am pretty much an addict since I use the “What’s New” button and read all of everything no matter which section it’s in.
Agreed. The other Wrangler forums are just so.bad.and.full.of.dumb-F-ery...so I am just staying here.LOL

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Bulletpoint RubiGrid with phone clamp and adventure mount. Will be adding my GMRS radio shortly. Will swap clamp for magsafe when it gets delivered. Not pictured is the iPad clamp and the radio handset holder.
You must be registered for see images attach

Took about 15 minutes to install during my lunch break.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Bit the bullet. After months of back and forth, three orders and returns due to crappy craftsmanship and ill fitting parts and garbage customer service I said the heck with it and am having an ARB Bondi Deluxe delivered next thursday.

Weird: best deal was via the ARB store on frakkin' Scamazon!!!

Didn't even know ARB USA sold stuff beyound recovery gear and compressors there.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Wow. ARB never ceases to amaze me. Via their Scamazon store the bumper gets delivered tomorrow.
Confused why the wanted me to wait 3 months for a stubby through other vendors but can get the Bondi deluxe, the biggest baddest one the sell in 4 days for free shipping.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
As expected ARB customer service is exquisite. Hardware kit was missing some bits-captive nuts for wing panels- and needed recovery point decal as bash plate was pre bashed and I have to have it blasted and coated. They shipped it all to me for free.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Found a new to me suspension company, Pedders, which has a 2" lift for Wranglers for less than 900$ US. Just like OME they have application weight ratings and are specifically designed for overlanding. Appears to be well known and well liked in Australia. Going with them rather the OME as it won't be a lift for Khaaan! just an upgrade to heavier duty stuff that can support all my bumpers and gear. Also, everything is powder coated red!

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Where does your spare live?
When adventuring, on the roof with the spare fuel and traction boards and such. Around town in the garage. I pay good money for roadside assistance through Jeep and insurance. Got road hazard on the tires through Costco AND WalMart, plus a repair kit.(Fried the RFIDs on the tires so double dipping!)
I believe in as much redundancy as possible!
Then again, the old KO2s were full of nails and still held air...

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Detailed the heck out of Khan. Preventative maintenance.
Lots of chips to touch up.
Khan has the Wrangler hinge paint-rot. Gonna have to pull em all and repaint.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Added the flares from the Extreme Recon Package. These should be standard equipment on the JL Rubicon. Swapped out the lousy flaps I had for Rally Armor, which is the exact same material as the stupidly overpriced RokBloks and other price gouging brands.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Installed the Dynatrac 2" Endurosport lift this weekend. Quadratec showed a 5-6 week back order and Northridge showed it as discontinued, so I ordered it and it showed up 3 days later, so that was awesome. Install went smooth, loosened all the control arms front and rear and retorqued on the ground. Only issue was that the bolts for the new rear sway bar end links/bolts were bigger than factory, so had to drill out the factory rear sway bar a little bit. I'd say it was about the same difficulty as doing the KJ lift. I guess no need to disconnect the ball joints or do anything in the engine bay, but getting the track bars to line up and getting the clevis aligned on the KJ have a similar vibe lol. Wasn't planning on the lift coming till April/May, so I didn't order longer front LCAs or new track bars, but at this point I'm not sure I will. Rides so much nicer than stock, rides as good as the OME setup on the KJ. Flexes good with the rubicon sway bar disco too. Put about 80 miles on it. Forgot to measure before, but feels probably 2.5-3" higher than stock, I must have been sagged out before. The tires don't look as small as I expected, but will upsize when these wear down! Now it sits higher than the KJ, but not by too much. I'll have to get a new pic of them together.

Attachments

• IMG_8934.jpeg
    IMG_8934.jpeg
    349.1 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_8941.jpeg
    IMG_8941.jpeg
    400.2 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_8943.jpeg
    IMG_8943.jpeg
    354.8 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_8944.jpeg
    IMG_8944.jpeg