What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure yet, I think one of the valve seats came out, broke into pieces, destroyed the piston i found multiple pieces of the seat in the intake manifold and saw the piston with camera, from what I could tell the cylinder wall was repairable, not sure about the head.
I know i'm a hoarder, I'd be keeping it around for parts. I mean, the other head is good hopefully, and i'm assuming you just replaced the short block. Plus, and i'm weird, I'd probably casually start taking it apart and figuring out how/if I should fix it entirely, to keep as a spare. :D

Deb'nKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
somewhere between London & Zunny Deb'n (England)
How the other half live!

I have one rear caliper to rebuild & all three brake hoses to replace; preparation comprises hoping for no rain, 'cos, like all the other jobs, it'll be done out in the street.

But, thanks for the timely reminder to order a new floor jack (my useless - almost from new - Sealey "Yankee" job finally died under the Jeep last Sunday)

1ino

Reaction score
I know i'm a hoarder, I'd be keeping it around for parts. I mean, the other head is good hopefully, and i'm assuming you just replaced the short block. Plus, and i'm weird, I'd probably casually start taking it apart and figuring out how/if I should fix it entirely, to keep as a spare. :D
I'm not sure if I have to return as a core, definitely not going for scrap metal, I get to many projects going at the same time, but if I can keep it I will definably tear it down for parts or complete rebuilding.
I like to keep things also, but I'm getting older and trying to get rid of stuff I don't expect to need again, then again I did not need this jeep, but I went and bought it, now I'm back up to 4 cars again.

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How the other half live!

I have one rear caliper to rebuild & all three brake hoses to replace; preparation comprises hoping for no rain, 'cos, like all the other jobs, it'll be done out in the street.

But, thanks for the timely reminder to order a new floor jack (my useless - almost from new - Sealey "Yankee" job finally died under the Jeep last Sunday)
Are you replacing the rubber hoses? Why not replace them all?

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Very proud to report Bert is gettin' it done.

Kids are up camping in Central Montana, apparently.
Their report:
"Jeez dad, you weren't kidding. We have had to pull out three different Subarus with that fancy rope-thingy to get to our cabin."

Some sort of rental cabin complex on some huge ranch.

CheddarGau

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Their report:
"Jeez dad, you weren't kidding. We have had to pull out three different Subarus with that fancy rope-thingy to get to our cabin."

Always need to help those in need...... and a little flex at the same time :)

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not sure when I last moved mine; could be over 2 months ago. :(

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

very rough, but you get the idea.
the amount of stuff a wrangler can do that a liberty can't, is far smaller than the things a liberty can do that a wrangler can't. :D

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can fit 10’ long bundles of conduit inside AND close the rear glass!
Indeed!

Oops. This was the load of wood for my basement shelves. The raised bed garden load looked similar, but with corrugated roofing material instead of plywood quarter sheets.

Last edited:

AJ9P

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Their report:

Love that Bert is still kicking it! Good for them!

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Uh oh. I have a small puddle of ATF+4 under my Jeep this morning, most likely from the power steering rack that I knew was leaking a little bit before. Looks like things are escalating.

Luckily there is a good video showing how to replace it without having to remove the subframe and the front diff.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I can get a low mileage Mopar replacement from the local junkyard for $65. Doesn’t seem too bad.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score

very rough, but you get the idea.
the amount of stuff a wrangler can do that a liberty can't, is far smaller than the things a liberty can do that a wrangler can't. :D
The orange area should have a "42" in it.

Noclutch

Modern DIY
Reaction score
Uh oh. I have a small puddle of ATF+4 under my Jeep this morning, most likely from the power steering rack that I knew was leaking a little bit before. Looks like things are escalating.

Luckily there is a good video showing how to replace it without having to remove the subframe and the front diff.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I can get a low mileage Mopar replacement from the local junkyard for $65. Doesn’t seem too bad.
I used the same video as reference when replacing my rack and pinion. Lots of great info!